01-31-2006 until 03-03-2015
Board Policies and Rules
OriolesHangout.com Message Board Policies and Rules: (Terms of Service)
Our message board is widely accepted as the premier message board for O's fans to post on. It's known that some people within the Orioles front office and the Baltimore media frequent the board to gauge public opinion and to see what our knowledgeable fans have to say. With that in mind, we run a very tight ship and although we realize that may not make some people happy; we believe a smaller more quality community is better than an obnoxious unmoderated board.
1) From now on, an unlimited posting option is now free to all registered members. Registered members will be able to post an unlimited amount times, but after 500 posts, they will become a "limited member" which means they will be allowed to continue posting but will not enjoy plus membership options like, larger avatars, reputation giving and taking, deleting your own posts, posting polls, search forums, and seeing who is online.
We are now offering a new message board only membership that is only $24 a year. This membership gives you full access to all of the above perks and makes you a full fledged plus member.
You can join up by following these directions:
1. Click on "Control Panel"
2. On left hand side under "My Account" click on Paid "Subscriptions"
3. Select 12 months, $24.
4. Pay through Paypal
You will automatically become a plus member.
If you select this option you will not have access to our plus content like Scouting reports, prospect lists, and other plus items on the front page.
To become a full plus member with full access to all content and full message board access, please go here. We continue to have a $5 trial month membership as well as a $35.95 a year option.(Once you sign up for plus content through CCBILL please e-mail your ccbill membership confirmation number to editor-OH@orioleshangout.com to ensure your plus status is updated on the message board in order to continue posting after 500 posts.)
2) By posting on this board, you acknowledge that you have only one handle on the board and if banned, you will not sign up under another handle. Additionally, you understand that posting on this site is a privilege and not a right, and that privilege can be revoked by the staff at any time for any reason.
1. Decisions of moderators and administrators are final.
2. Any posts, reputation comments or private message deemed offensive will be deleted or otherwise censored at the staff's discretion, with or without notice.
3. Proper capitalization and punctuation will be used on all posts. We understand a typo, but constant abuse of this rule could result in an infraction or banning.
4. Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this community or Orioleshangout.com/Hangout Ventures LLC. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by reporting the post through the report feature on the board. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
5. Posts containing slanderous or otherwise disrespectful messages will be removed. This includes name calling of other posters, Orioles players, coaches, front office personnel, members of the media, or Hangout staff.
6. Coarse language will not be tolerated. This includes putting the majority of a foul word and then adding a character like !#@ to defeat the bad word filter.
7. Spamming in any form will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, repeatedly posting the same or similar content or posting any identical message more than one time or in more than one forum.
8. Any abuses of the private messaging system or reputation comments will result in removal of the offending user and possible ban.
9. Blatant and self-serving advertisements will be removed. Such content will be determined solely by the staff.
10. When quoting information please give the source and a link when possible.
11. Do not post copyrighted material in it's entirety. You may cut and paste portions to discuss but please provide a link to the source site.
12. No Trolling. Discussing or disagreeing with an individual is fine, but constantly going behind their posts just to say something contradictory is trolling and is not allowed.
13. Don't openly complain about the moderation or how this board is run. You can always contact us personally to voice concerns, but quite simply, if you don't like the way the board is run, you are free to go elsewhere.
14.) Knowingly providing false information is grounds for banning.
15.) No political or religious threads/discussions.
16.) No hijacking threads. Keep to the topic at hand. Repeated attempts to hijack threads with the same comments from other threads could result in infractions and possible banning.
17.) Anything posted on this message board may be used by Orioles Hangout in any manner to include but not limited to content and advertising.
These rules and policies may change at any time with or without notice, and be enforced under the new conditions immediately upon such change. The user agrees, by use of this message board, to follow these rules and policies.