1) Chris Davis will get:
A. 300 or more at bats
B. Fewer than 300 at bats
2) Trey Mancini will start more games at what position:
A. Left Field
B. First Base
3) (One point for each correct answer): Name up to 3 players currently on the 40 man roster who will be the property of another major league team on the last day of the season
Alex Cobb, Mychal Givens, Mark Trumbo
4) (Tough one, this is worth 3 points): Name a player who is not currently in the Orioles organization who will be in the Orioles organization on the last day of the season.
Steve Pearce 😂
5) True/False: Austin Hays will play for the Orioles before September 1
6) True/False: Anthony Santander will play for the Orioles before September 1
7) True/False: DJ Stewart will play for the Orioles before September 1
8 ) True/False: Yusmiel Diaz will play for the Orioles before September 1
9) True/False: Ryan Mountcastle will play for the Orioles before September 1
10) True/False: Ryan McKenna will play for the Orioles before September 1
11) True/False: Chance Sisco will play for the Orioles before September 1
12) What Oriole pitcher not named Cobb/Cashner/Bundy/Wright/Hess will start the most games this year?
13) Who will start more games at 3rd base:
A. Renato Nunez
B. Ryan Ruiz
14) Who will lead the Orioles in saves?
15) Who will lead the Orioles in home runs?
16) Who will pitch the most major league innings before September 1 (if you answer A-D and that player does pitch in the majors before Sept 1, you get a point; if you answer E you get a point only if all 4 fail to do so).
A. Dillon Tate
B. Dean Kremer
C. Keegan Akin
D. Hunter Harvey
E. None of the above will pitch in the majors before September 1
17) Will Mark Trumbo be traded to another team during the season?
18) Will Chris Davis be traded to another team during the season?
19) Will Alex Cobb be traded to another team during the season?
20) Will Dylan Bundy be traded to another team during the season?
21) Will Mychal Givens be traded to another team during the season?
22) Will the Orioles get the #1 draft pick in 2020?
23) Will Brandon Hyde be ejected from a game in 2019?
24) Will Chris Davis OPS be:
A. < .600
B. .600 - .699
C. .700 - .799
D. >= .800
25) Who will lead the Orioles in home runs?
26) Name a player who will represent the Orioles in the 2019 All Star Game
27) Who will start the most games at Catcher for the Orioles in 2019?
28) How many stolen base attempts (SB+CS) will the Orioles have in 2019 (reference: 103 last year)?
A. Less than 60
E. 150 or more
29) What pitcher will start the most games for the Orioles in 2019?
30) Will the Orioles use an "opener" at least 5 times in 2019? [Definition of an opener for the purpose of this question: someone who has not had at least 10 5+ inning starts in 2018 & 2019 starts a game, and is taken out after less than 3 innings without having gotten injured or giving up 4+ runs -- that would have to happen 5 times for the answer to this question to be "Yes"]
31) Last year's attendance was 1,564,592. This year's will be:
A. Less than 1 million
B. Greater than or equal to 1 million but less than 1.3 million
C. Greater than or equal to 1.3 million but less than 1.6 million
D. Greater than or equal to 1.6 million but less than 1.9 million
E. Greater than or equal to 1.9 million
32) True/False: The Orioles will sign an international prospect for at least $500,000 bonus in the current signing period which lasts until June.
33) True/False: The Orioles will sign an international prospect for at least $500,000 between the start of the next signing period (start of July) and the end of the regular season
34) Name the winner of the 2019 Brooks Robinson Award for Minor League position player of the year.
35) Name the winner of the 2019 Jim Palmer Award for Minor League pitcher of the year.
36) True/False: the Bowie Bay Sox will make the playoffs.
37) True/False: The Norfolk Tides will make the playoffs
38) The most games over .500 the Orioles will be at any point this year will be:
A. 10 or more
E. The Orioles will never have a .500+ record this year
39) Name an Oriole not named Chris Davis who will put a ball on Eutaw Street this year. (You are allowed to answer "None" and that will only be correct if no one other than Davis does it).
40) Will Richie Martin start more games at SS for the Orioles than any other player?
41) Will Jonathan Villar start more games at 2B for the Orioles than any other player?
42) Will Cedric Mullins start more games in CF for the Orioles than any other player?
43) How many games will Joey Rickard start in the outfield?
44) How many different positions will Drew Jackson start a game at this year? [DH does not count]
E. 4 or more
45) How many days before September 1 will Pedro Araujo be on the major league roster?
A. Under 17 (so he does not complete his rule 5 eligibility)
46) Name an Oriole who will be DFA'd after the season has begun.
47) Will the Orioles #1 choice in the 2019 draft be:
A. A college pitcher
B. A college position player
C. A high school pitcher
D. A high school position player
48) Will the Orioles sign their #1 draft pick?
49) Will Richie Martin fulfill his Rule 5 requirement before the end of the season and still be on the roster?
50) Will Drew Jackson fulfill his Rule 5 requirement before the end of the season and still be on the roster?
51) How many more deals will the Orioles make tradinga way international signing bonus slots between now and the end of the current signing period?
D. 3 or more
52) How many deals will the Orioles make after the next signing bonus period starts, trading away slots from THAT period, before the end of the season?
D. 3 or more
53) Between now and the end of the season, will the Orioles extend the contract or sign a multi-year contract with any player on their 40 man roster?
54) What is the highest level of minor league baseball will Grayson Rodriguez reach during the minor league season?
A. Low A
55) What is the highest level of baseball DL Hall will reach during the season?
D. September MLB callup
E. Pre-September MLB
56) Who will lead the Orioles in wins?
57) Who will lead the Orioles in steals?
58) Who will lead the Orioles in batting average among players who meet MLB batting title qualification minimums?
59) Who will lead the Orioles in onbase percentage among players who meet MLB batting title qualification minimums?
60) Who will lead Orioles in slugging percentage among players who meet MLB batting title qualification minimums?
61) Who will lead Orioles in OPS among players who meet MLB batting title qualification minimums?
62) Who will lead Orioles in ERA among pitchers who meet MLB ERA title qualification minimums?
63) Who will lead Orioles in WHIP among pitchers who meet MLB ERA title qualification minimums?
64) The Orioles play 20 different opponents in 2019. Last year won the season series from 2 opponents (Mets and Braves) and lost the season series to 17 opponents. How many opponents will the Orioles win the season series against this year?
-- The next 5 questions will not be able to be graded the day after the season ends so if the competition for the prize is close a winner might not be known until early November
65) Will an Oriole receive any MVP votes (I believe voters put 10 names on their ballot)?
66) Will an Oriole receive any Cy Young votes (I think this is also 10)?
67) Name the Oriole who receives the most Rookie of the Year votes. ("None" is an acceptable answer and is only correct if no Oriole gets a single vote in the Rookie of the Year balloting).
68) Will Brandon Hyde receive any Manager of the Year votes?
69) Will an Oriole win a Gold Glove in 2019?
70) Will the Orioles finish in last place in the AL East?
71) What is the most games out of last place (i.e. ahead of the last place team in the standings) the Orioles will be on any date this season?
B. 10 to19.5
C. 6 to 9.5
D. 2 to 5.5
E. 0.5 to 1.5
F. The Orioles will never be ahead of a team in the AL East?
Note: the weather forecast looks good for New York on Thursday so the likelihood of a rainout is slim.
72) How many guys on the 40 man roster will be dealt in the month of July?
73) Will the Orioles be no-hit in a game in 2019?
74) Will the Orioles allow 18+ runs in a game in 2019?
75) Will Chris Davis be released during the season?
76) How many home runs will Chris Davis hit for the Orioles?
77) Will anyone the Orioles draft in June play for the team before the end of the season (including September)?
78) Will the Orioles have a winning month in 2019? [Consider March games to be part of April record]
79) How far out of first place will the Orioles finish in 2019?
A. 0-10 games
B. 10.5-20 games
C. 20.5-30 games
D. 30.5 - 40 games
E. 40.5 - 50 games
F. 50.5 or more
80) Will Ryan Ripken or Preston Palmeiro get a plate appearance for the Orioles in 2019 (includes September)?
81) Who will lead the Orioles in outfield assists?
82) Will Jimmy Yacabonis start a game for the Orioles and go at least 4 innings (the second part is to preclude an "opener" type situation)?
83) Will John Means start a game for the Orioles and go at least 4 innings?
84) Will Evan Phillips pitch for the Orioles before September 1?
85) Will Trey Mancini's OPS be closer to his 2017 number (.826) or .2018 number (.715)?
86) What hitter (not named Villar) acquired in last year's selloff will have at least 100 ABs and the highest OPS in the majors. Choices are Bannon, Diaz, Carmona, Cumberland, Encarnacion, NONE (an answer of NONE gets you a poitn if none of them gets 100 ABs).
87) What pitcher acquired in last year's selloff will have at least 20 innings and the lowest ERA in the majors? Choices are Kremer, Pop, Ortiz, Phillips, Zimmerman, Tate, Carroll, Rogers, NONE. (An answer of NONE getes you a point if none of them gets 20 innings).
88) The Orioles are scheduled to play the Yankees 19 times. How many saves will Zach Britton get against us?
89) The Orioles play the Padres 4 times. How many home runs will Manny Machado get against the Orioles?
90) The Orioles play the Diamondbacks 3 times, in Arizona. Will Adam Jones hit a hom run against the Orioles?
91) (For five points). Make an "outlandish" prediction for 2019. Possibilities include:
-- Orioles have a winning record
-- an specific Oriole gets at least 400 ABs and is at least .200 points higher or .200 points lower than his PECOTA projection (please include the PECOTA projection)
-- a specific pitcher gets at least 80 innigns and his ERA is at least 2.00 points higher or 2.00 points lower than his PECOTA projection (please include the PECOTA projection)
-- a manager, coach, GM, or Sig is fired during the season
-- an specific Oriole pitcher wins 15+ games
-- a specific Oriole puts up at least 5.0 WAR
-- someone not in Tony's top 10 prospects list and who has never played in the majors is on the major league roster for at least 100 games
-- a specific Oriole leads the AL in wins, saves, ERA, WHIP, strikeouts by a pitcher, batting average, home runs, RBIs, doubles, triples, onbase%, slugging%, OPS
-- a specific Oriole hits for the cycle
-- a specific Oriole pitches a no hitter
-- a specific Oriole hits 4 home runs in a game (or ties/beats any other major league category record for a game such as RBIs, doubles, triples, runs, strikeouts by a pitcher
-- a specific established major league player who has been to multiple all star games becomes an Oriole
-- a specific Oriole wins one of the major awards (MVP, Cy, RoY, MgrOY, Comeback Player, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger)