O's are Legends

Ryan Pearson named ESPN’s player of the week. George Mason is rolling.

The thing that sucks for GM is that they are going to be a high seed...Probably somewhere in the 7-9 range.

Now, they could still be like a NIU and upset a #2 or #1 seed but teams like this seem to do better as 11-14 seeds.

I was hoping (and expecting) GMU was going to garner a Top 25 spot.

They had the same problem as Xavier this week. Really, only St. Mary's was a Top 25 team to lose this week and plummet, so there wasn't many openings for newcomers.

Scotch, scotch, scotch. I love scotch. And I love the Patriots rolling to another victory.

Whammy!!!

Heck of a game, Cornelius is one tough player and Pearson and Hancock had really good games as well. I think I was more relieved when it was over; sure that scotch tasted even better than usual.

The thing that sucks for GM is that they are going to be a high seed...Probably somewhere in the 7-9 range.

Now, they could still be like a NIU and upset a #2 or #1 seed but teams like this seem to do better as 11-14 seeds.

Exact reason why I hope they win 18 straight games going into the NCAA tournament and get a 5 or 6 seed. Everyone has them as a 7-8 seed as of now. It’s going to be tough though; as great as Mason is, the top teams in the CAA are very good and on VCU’s campus I mean “neutral” court it’s never an easy task beating a ODU, VCU or even JMU. As they say, one game at a time.

I was hoping (and expecting) GMU was going to garner a Top 25 spot.

They had the same problem as Xavier this week. Really, only St. Mary's was a Top 25 team to lose this week and plummet, so there wasn't many openings for newcomers.

Me too, Utah State is a good team but come on, they have 1 win against the top 100! Andy Katz and Doug Gottlieb said they really should have scheduled a much tougher OOC schedule even if it meant playing on the road. Just going to BYU and Chinatown to face Georgetown wasn’t enough. They also mentioned Utah State declined to play in any preseason tournaments as well. I’m not trying to pile on Utah State, I’ve watched them play 5 times and while they may be a top 25 caliber team, I don’t think they should be receiving more votes than George Mason.

I know Coach Larranaga has the team focused on Northeastern and Georgia State and by the same time next week I’m sure Mason will finally be ranked.

Oh, by the way, Peason was named Co-CAA player of the week this past week along with Bowles (JMU).

Third time of the year! Getting ready to leave for Virginia; senior night for Cam Long and Isaiah Tate and a win would clinch the CAA regular season title.

George Mason hopes to celebrate seniors, CAA title on Thursday night. Post.

Game is on Comcast Sports Net, 7pm.

Well it will be tough to see Cam and Isaiah go. I actually got the chance to interview Cam. We had a good laugh about Mike Tyson's scene in the Hangover. Patriot Center was electric last night.

• Upvote 1

Jai Lewis is playing ball in Japan. It looks like his hometeam is north of where the earthquake was. Hope he's okay.

Also, Seth Green stated in SI that GMU is cloer to the bubble than people think. Their RPI is 27. :confused:

Hate to see Cam Long and Tate go out like that. Ohio State was unbelievable beyond the three point line. Too bad Hancock couldn't play because of food poisoning. A silver lining is that some of the freshmen and sophomores got some NCAA game experience.

Great season for the Patriots this year with the long win streak and cracking the top 25. Four starters coming back next season, looking to reload.

Hate to see Cam Long and Tate go out like that. Ohio State was unbelievable beyond the three point line. Too bad Hancock couldn't play because of food poisoning. A silver lining is that some of the freshmen and sophomores got some NCAA game experience.

Great season for the Patriots this year with the long win streak and cracking the top 25. Four starters coming back next season, looking to reload.

Tough way to lose today; I’m sick to my stomach right now but will have a mini wrap up on the season later. Go Mason, Go VCU, go CAA!

Salute to Cam Long and Ike Tate. Cam will always be my 2nd favorite player after Will Thomas. Ike really stepped up this year as a 6th man with his great defense and clutch 3’s.

• Upvote 1

Tough way to lose today; I’m sick to my stomach right now but will have a mini wrap up on the season later. Go Mason' date=' Go VCU, go CAA!

Salute to Cam Long and Ike Tate. Cam will always be my 2nd favorite player after Will Thomas. Ike really stepped up this year as a 6th man with his great defense and clutch 3’s.[/quote']

Great season for you Mason fans. You guys have a lot to be proud of and a lot to look forward to next year.

One of the reasons I love the CAA so much is the mutual support each team and fans give each other during out of conference play and especially if multiple teams make to the tourney like this year. I know for a fact that VCU fans were cheering for you guys and ODU, and we appreciate the support from ya'll as well...Go CAA!

Bit of a rant.

Vaughns and Allen 2 for 15. These guys need to learn nothing good comes from shooting awful shot after shot with 30 seconds left on the shot clock! You have the best player in the CAA in Pearson and he barely can get a possession in the 1st half. Pathetic. Pearson finished with 25 points but most of that was in the 2nd half.

Vertrail Vaughns is absolutely destroying Mason. Allen needs to continue attacking the rim and not shoot jump shots. Vaughns last 8 games. 11 for 46. No way possible Hewitt will let VV start anymore. I will be shocked if Sherrod Wright isn?t starting for Vaughns against ODU this Saturday.

As if there needed to be any extra ruckus for a Mason and VCU game, it?s going to be crunch time for that number 1 seed down the stretch. 2 out of last 3 conf. games between the rivals.

--

fear+the+beard+v2.jpg

RyanFeature-300x270.jpg