Sports Guy

2011 NCAA tourney game(s) thread

2 obvious foul calls too. I actually took Pitt to the Final FOur in 3 out of my 5 brackets(Florida in the other two) but I really wasn't feeling it. History tells you Dixon isn"t going to get Pitt to a Final Four. I just wish I would've pulled the trigger on Wisconsin in a few brackets( they still have to get by KSU tonight too)

Everyone always praises Dixon's ability to coach, but he had no business leaving those guys on the line. Further, Pitt's last full possession resulted in no shot and Butler earned a layup after a time out with the game on the line. Not impressed.

I thought both fouls were really poor plays by the players and the refs were right to make both calls.

Not an impressive showing by the Big East so far. The conference is losing to much lower seeded/ranked teams.

Everyone always praises Dixon's ability to coach, but he had no business leaving those guys on the line. Further, Pitt's last full possession resulted in no shot and Butler earned a layup after a time out with the game on the line. Not impressed.

I thought both fouls were really poor plays by the players and the refs were right to make both calls.

Not an impressive showing by the Big East so far. The conference is losing to much lower seeded/ranked teams.

I still think you leave the guys at the line for a tip-in opportunity. They just have to be disciplined not to foul. The possession you are referencing was really bad to not get a shot off.

Glad to see the Big East teams go down. Is it true that next year they are expanding to include UCLA, Texas, Kansas, and Ohio State? :P

No one ever said they couldn't win games in the tourney.

That's not the discussion.

At this point, they have proven their worth in the tourney. Good for them.

Well, Washington just gave that game away...and the refs screwing up the clock at the end doesn't hurt either.

Venoy Overton also does what he does best; making awful decisions.

How much time was supposed to be left on the clock? Didn’t see the post game on cbs. Thanks in advance.

Venoy Overton also does what he does best; making awful decisions.

How much time was supposed to be left on the clock? Didn’t see the post game on cbs. Thanks in advance.

1.0 or 1.1. Henson bailed them out though by touching the ball. Thomas shot way too early.

Duke is playing pretty poorly today.

They don't seem to have a lot of emotion. Just seem to have the attitude that Michigan will just wilt against them.

Better pick it up.

4 down, 7 to go. :)

Of course, for ACC fans, we're already down to two teams, and realistically, they were the only two teams in the league that were any good this year.

Duke should have lost just to validate this post. Typical.

Good effort by Michigan today.

Duke lacked emotion for much of the game..Michigan played like they wanted it more but Duke's talent difference won the game.

Still, Duke was awful over the last 5 minutes and didn't foce enough turnovers. They need to improve on that to get past sweet 16.

I may as well have thrown darts at a board when picking the Southeast region. I have a feeling that that region is going to win a lot of pools for people.

Yep...That was always the questionable one with the potential of a ton of upsets.

I had Kstate going to the final 4...obviously that's not happening.

Really wouldn't shock me to see any of those 4 make it.