ChaosLex

The Official *SPOILERS* Thread for Game of Thrones

Spoilers are probably going to abound in this thread, so if that's something that bothers you, please leave now. Gratzi!

Now that that's said, per request I'm starting a separate thread where we can talk about all of the books in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" saga, all of which will be covered by the HBO series eventually. Not to mention your hopes and wishes for what the three future books in the series (i.e., A Dance with Dragons, The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring) will bring.

So yeah, I really, really, really hate Joffrey Baratheon. :angryfire:

Yeah, well, he gets his. Not that many deaths are dignified, but his is definitely not one of them.

With respect, it's kinda weak compared to some of the other deaths in the series, IMO. Still, he's dead so that's that. ;)

Personally, I'm kinda curious who they're gonig to cast as Stannis, Melisandre, and Ser Davos next season. BTW, cool fact, the woman who plays Tonks in the Harry Potter flicks has been cast as Osha. The Game of Thrones Wiki already has a pic up, and yes, she looks very much like a wildling. Haha. There's also a pic up of Walder Frey, who looks like a supreme POS. I don't think I've ever seen a show with more perfect casting.

Edited by ChaosLex

So yeah, I really, really, really hate Joffrey Baratheon. :angryfire:

I know that he becomes king and has Ned Stark executed, but what else does he do that makes him so awful?

I know that he becomes king and has Ned Stark executed, but what else does he do that makes him so awful?

Well, one thing that gets under my skin is that he has the Kings Guard beat Stansa whenever she disobeys him, Robb is victorious in battle, etc.

He's also pretty brutal to the Stannis supporters of Kings Landing in A Clash of Kings.

Well, pretty high on the list is that he has his guards beat the living crap out of Sansa on his whim.

Edit: Oh, and he was the one that hired the assassin to finish off Bran.

Edit: And its not just that he orders Ned's execution. It's that Sansa pleads with him to spare her fathers life, he tells her he'll be merciful, and after Stark takes the "declare Joffrey legitimate, take the Black" deal, Joffrey has him executed anyway.

Edited by The Wedge

Well, pretty high on the list is that he has his guards beat the living crap out of Sansa on his whim.

And it's not so much the execution of Ned as that he goes against the advice of the Queen, his advisors and Sansa, all of whom believed that he'd allow him to live, provided he confessed his crimes and vowed to join the Night's Watch. He goes against the grain and orders the execution after Ned confesses to his "crimes."

That's interesting. That possibility never crossed my mind. Did he do that to frame Tyrion for slapping him around? Does Joffrey know how/why Bran "fell" and he was also trying to cover it up?

That's interesting. That possibility never crossed my mind. Did he do that to frame Tyrion for slapping him around? Does Joffrey know how/why Bran "fell" and he was also trying to cover it up?

Nope. Believe it or not, its because he was trying to please his father (Robert, that is). He overheard him saying that the boy should be mercifully killed, and decided to carry that out.

One thing that does kind of annoy me as the books progress is how much Littlefinger had his hand in...seems like almost a retcon by Martin as he tries to flesh out other characters (Jaime and Cersei to be specific). There's almost no "big" event that Baelish didn't orchestrate or pull the strings on. I think finding out that he coerced Lysa Arryn in to poisoning Jon and blaming the Lannisters was probably what got me going 'oh COME ON."

One thing that does kind of annoy me as the books progress is how much Littlefinger had his hand in...seems like almost a retcon by Martin as he tries to flesh out other characters (Jaime and Cersei to be specific). There's almost no "big" event that Baelish didn't orchestrate or pull the strings on. I think finding out that he coerced Lysa Arryn in to poisoning Jon and blaming the Lannisters was probably what got me going 'oh COME ON."

I can't wait until Lysa plummets. Haha.

Edited by ChaosLex

I can't wait until he pushes her out the window. Haha.

Moon Door, actually. It's nice that we don't have her insanity around, but that makes Littlefinger even creepier as he starts "groooming" Sansa.

Moon Door, actually. It's nice that we don't have her insanity around, but that makes Littlefinger even creepier as he starts "groooming" Sansa.

Yeah, I revised my post. :D

I have a certain eagerness to see what Sansa becomes under his "grooming". I predict she joins the darkside and ends up taking Little Finger out with her own sneakiness. I think she grows up quick and uses her growing sex appeal to gather her own group of admirers. I dont think she will ever work again to help the remains of the Stark clan. I think the killing of her wolf was foreshadowing that she is no longer a Stark.

I see her as a Feme Fatale with more skills and brains than Cersei.

She wants to be a queen. She wants it all.