Sign in to follow this  
cdrum

Aubrey Huff interview on BTLS show (Sirius Channel 101) at 5pm on Thursday

How long until JTrea starts crying about this and starts a pathetic online petition?

I'm from Maine, remember? Just because I like the team doesn't mean I like the city. With that said I'm sure there will be repercussions from this. Athough I'm not too sure how many Baltimore people actually support the team anymore...

Huff trashing the city wasn't smart but he didn't do anything to distance himself from the team. Millar blatantly disregarded the fact he was still with the Orioles to play Rally Monkey for the Red Sox. There is a difference...

And as far as pathetic, well it's pathetic the only time you seem to post is to badmouth me on this site...

Not smart, not smart.

I personally don't care what his feelings are towards Baltimore, but you don't trash the city you're playing in.

Dunno Jtrea, Millar's stunt didn't have anything to directly do with the O's. This is a slap in the face of B'more...and while I frankly don't care about either of these instances enough to sit here and conduct an all night debate with you, I know which one seems to be the more serious offense is...

Not smart, not smart.

I personally don't care what his feelings are towards Baltimore, but you don't trash the city you're playing in.

Dunno Jtrea, Millar's stunt didn't have anything to directly do with the O's. This is a slap in the face of B'more...and while I frankly don't care about either of these instances enough to sit here and conduct an all night debate with you, I know which one seems to be the more serious offense is...

Well Baltimoreans aren't the only ones who support the Baltimore Orioles. Millars antics were a slap in the face to any Oriole fan whether they were in Antartica or in Canton. Especially when you say you don't care what the fans think. Huff just didn't like the city, and you don't have to like the city to like the organization. Granted he shouldn't have said it, but I doubt you'll see as much outrage because it only effects a certain portion of the Orioles fanbase. Heck the city itself gives up on the team when it caters to Red Sox fans. Heck they might as well make a giant billboard that says "Welcome Red Sox Fans" at BWI and on I-95...

Let me ask this question, why should the Orioles have pride in Baltimore when Baltimore has no pride in the Orioles?

Well Baltimoreans aren't the only ones who support the Baltimore Orioles. Millars antics were a slap in the face to any Oriole fan whether they were in Antartica or in Canton. Especially when you say you don't care what the fans think. Huff just didn't like the city, and you don't have to like the city to like the organization. Granted he shouldn't have said it, but I doubt you'll see as much outrage because it only effects a certain portion of the Orioles fanbase...

You won't see as much of an outrage because it was some Sirius radio show that the majority of the sporting public probably wasn't listening to...and no one cares about Aubrey Huff.

People were watching the playoffs, people know who Kevin Millar was and know he has a strong association with the Sox who are one of the most popular teams in all of sports, not just baseball.

Millar's affair was on a significantly bigger stage.

Huff's comment effected a certain portion of the O's fanbase, you're semi-right about that...but it did slap a label on the entire city...so he's offending just about everyone who makes Baltimore their home, whether they're O's fans or not.

Whatever. Both incidents are pretty much non issues to me.

I doubt you'll see as much outrage because it only effects a certain portion of the Orioles fanbase...

Yeah, it doesn't effect the portion that consists of you. I swear, man, you're about 93% of the Millar outrage, all by yourself ;-)

You're gonna give yourself a heart attack. Let it go. There's nothing you can do about it, and it ain't gonna change. Just forget about it, will ya?

Yeah, it doesn't effect the portion that consists of you. I swear, man, you're about 93% of the Millar outrage, all by yourself ;-)

You're gonna give yourself a heart attack. Let it go. There's nothing you can do about it, and it ain't gonna change. Just forget about it, will ya?

Well if certain people keep bringing it up, I'll keep talking about it. I will defend my position, no matter how "pathetic" people may think it is...

Well if certain people keep bringing it up, I'll keep talking about it. I will defend my position, no matter how "pathetic" people may think it is...
You don't have to defend it. Nobody's gonna take it away from you. The only reason people keep mentioning it is because they know you'll get all worked up about it.

It's like when I was a kid, and my little brother's head was kinda square. He hated it when somebody would call him "blockhead". So, of course, anytime his sisters or I wanted to get him going, we'd say, "Hey, blockhead..." because we knew he'd go nuts. Same thing with a friend of mine who's Danish. When she's being her usual very-orderly Danish self, all I have to do is say "Scratch a Dane, there's a German underneath" and she'll go absolutely beserk, and everybody will have to hear about the Nazi's and the good king wearing the yellow star, and the whole nine yards.

That's what's going on here. It only keeps coming up because it gets you get cranked up, every time. Really.

Huff said that Baltimore fans aren’t much better that the Devil Rays fans. Could you blame him for saying that? The team has not had a winning record since 97, DC has a baseball team, and the ownership is horrible.

I think the Horses**t comment was used when he was comparing the nightlife in Baltimore and Tampa Bay.

Bubba was also annoying me because he was not giving Huff enough time to answer his questions. (Bubba has a very low attention span.)

I think our players should stop acting like idiots.

So Oriole fans are not any better than Rays fans, Aubrey? Is there any city in Major League Baseball that would be supporting a team better than Baltimore after 10 consecutive losing seasons?

Huff did make me laugh when his described his work ethic.

Huff did make me laugh when his described his work ethic.

He said that all baseball is "See the ball. Hit the Ball." He does not study charts or scouting reports.

He also described stories of "his average day before he got married."

The games ends and he stays out until about 4am. Wake up at 1pm with a hang over. Catch the team bus at 4pm to the next game.

I also learn that players have to pay for their own movies and room service at the hotels on the road. Players also get $90 per day cash per diem while on the road.

I found it to be a great interview and Huff was like any average guy. I just wish that Bubba would have let him talk a little more about the Os. (Huff would have answered honestly if Bubba would not have cut him off. I wish more ball players were this honest.)

Huff sounded like a real ass in terms of being a professional. He said that before he was married, his 'routine' was to play a game at 7, think about where he was going to party afterwards, party, get to bed at 5AM, wake up at 3PM, and stumble into the ballpark. And as stated, he said his approach to baseball is to see the ball, hit the ball. Screw practice and studying.

*sigh* - "Where have you gone, Cal Ripken Jr., O's nation turns it's lonely eyes to you."