ChaosLex

SPOILERS Topic for A Dance with Dragons

Okay, just some things I'm hearing. Not sure how true they are. Please turn back now if you don't want to have the events of the upcoming novel ruined for you...

It appears Jon is stabbed 4 times by members of the Night's Watch (including Bowen Marsh), who believe he's leading them in the wrong direction. It's unknown whether he lives or dies, but I'm guessing it'll be the former. Supposedly, the "assassination" is very Caesar-like.

Kevan Lannister is the epilogue character. Him and Pyrcelle and killed by Varys.

Supposedly, Roose Bolton kills Walder Frey immediately following the events of the Red Wedding. Can't say that makes much sense...

Sounds like Asha is killed in a chapter called "The Sacrifice."

Stannis is also rumored to die at the hands of Ramsay Bolton, when he leads an attack on Winterfell. At least, this is the claim Bolton makes in a letter, so it might be a bunch of b.s.

Quentyn Martell and Daeny become engaged. The former becomes a dragon tamer. It's also rumored that he in turn is killed by dragon fire.

Tyrion is sold into an entertainment group across the Narrow Sea. Eventually, he winds up being united with Jorah Mormont.

That's all I have for now. As things are further validated, I'll make revisions as needed.

Edited by ChaosLex

Meh. I reserve judgement on any of those (if true) until I get them in context. If I would have gotten "bullet point" spoilers on Storm of Swords, I would have been pretty livid at how most of those sounded, but in context, it makes it the best book so far.

Oh, and before I forget, someone mentioned it was Varys who led Aerys II from being a "fair and just King" to the "Mad King." Hmm...

I will confirm that I heard all the same stuff as chaoslex, with one exception. Sounded more like Brienne was free already when she finds Jaime.

Though from what I heard Jon Snow is dead (Though it is expected that Melisandre will bring him back the same way Catelyn was just soon so he's not disgusting).

I will confirm that I heard all the same stuff as chaoslex, with one exception. Sounded more like Brienne was free already when she finds Jaime.

Though from what I heard Jon Snow is dead (Though it is expected that Melisandre will bring him back the same way Catelyn was just soon so he's not disgusting).

Ahhh... that would make sense for Brienne. Perhaps she's leading Jaime into a trap?

I'll be pissed if Jon is dead, especially since I wanted him to be King. :(

Ahhh... that would make sense for Brienne. Perhaps she's leading Jaime into a trap?

I'll be pissed if Jon is dead, especially since I wanted him to be King. :(

If the rumors I heard are true Jon is dead at the end of book 5.

Entering speculation mode based on rumors.

But, I expect him to be alive at some point in book 6 (Melisandre could resurrect him ala Berric Dondarrion). Personally, I think his death is a way to allow him to forsake his Night watch vows and possibly become king.

Also, I doubt Brienne will lead Jaime into a trap. I think they'll make a cute couple.

After a little more info, it seems that Jon's death is open to interpretation. No one sees him dead, unlike Eddard in book 1. He is attacked, stabbed and in bad shape. But I've heard from one person he's dead and from another that its "unclear but unlikely he is actually dead".

Edited by JamesI

For what it's worth, GRRM said on his Not-A-Blog that not all the spoilers are true.

I am considering going to the book signing on release day, as it's not far away, but I don't know if I feel like waiting in line for a non-personalized autograph.

Just finished the book myself. I'll first group the complete falsehoods in this topic below:

Dany: Engaged to Quentyn Martell

Aegon is Aurane Waters and has been raised by the Velaryons on Driftmark, with Varys overseeing

Theon kills jon

Howland Reed marches north to the wall with Edric Dayne and Gendry

Howland Reed is in the body of Arthur Dayne

Roose Bolton kills Lord Frey right after the red wedding (which is right at the end of ADWD)

Davys - almost dies but saved by Rickon!!!!

Jaime saves Brianne!

To clarify the above, Dany does not get engaged to Quentyn or indeed any of the suitors travelling to her. She marries a Ghiscari noble to broker a peace between Meereen and Yunkai.

Theon and Jon never meet, Howland Reed, Edric Dayne and Gendry are not featured at all, nor is Walder Frey.

Davos does not come close to dying - his last chapter ends with him being informed by Wyman Manderly that Bran and Rickon live (Wex, Theon's squire in CoK, saw them after the sack of Winterfell). He only knows that one of them is on Skaagos, and he sends Davos to find him so they can take Winterfell in his name (by this point, Ramsay is to marry Jeyne Poole (posing as Arya) so he can claim Winterfell. Manderly is feigning allegiance to the Boltons).

Jaime does not save Brienne. He is lifting the seige of another Robb Stark supporter and Brienne bursts into his tent. She tells him she has found Sansa and that Jaime must come quick or The Hound will kill her. This is his only chapter.

Doesn't Jon have Night's Watch men shoot him while he's being burned in like, one of his first chapters

Yes. But it isn't Mance. Mel has used some sorcery to disguise Mance as Rattleshirt and vice versa. Rattleshirt is the one who is burned, and Mance pretends to be Rattleshirt whilst at the Wall.

So who is the 3-eyed crow?

He is called Brynden. He isn't a character we've met before. He is half tree and lives with the last remaining Children of the Forest. I assume he is Bryden Rivers, one of Aegon the Unworthy's bastards, who was sent to the Wall and became Lord Commander. How he became a ****ing tree is not explained.

okay... I NEED conformation. Is Jon Snow dead? Does it specifically say that he died? Or is it left for us to decide?

His last chapter ends with him taking the knife blows and "not feeling the fourth" implying he is either dead or unconcious. It is left for the reader to decide. It implies death if you ask me; he is stabbed in both the back and belly several times. All is not lost though; Jon has a few skinchanging dreams again, and it is confirmed in the Prologue that when a skinchanger dies, he can jump into the body of his animal to live his "second life". Jon's last word is "Ghost". I wouldn't be surprised if Jon is dead, but will end up inhabiting Ghost's body for a time.

Also Tyrion?

Tyrion first travels with Jon Connington and Aegon heading for Dany. When it becomes clear that Dany intends to stay in Meereen for some time and not take Westeros, Aegon turns the Golden Company west to begin the invasion. At the same time, Jorah kidnaps Tyrion in hopes of delivering him to Dany to get back into her good graces. They meet Penny, a dwarf girl who was one of the dwarfs that jousted at Joffrey's wedding. The other has been beheaded by people looking for Tyrion. They travel by sea to Slavers Bay (and Penny begins to fall in love with Tyrion) and are wrecked in a storm. They are rescued by Slavers, and sold to a Yunkish noble. They escape and join the Second Sons, the company led by Brown Ben Plumm who has since betrayed Dany and gone over to the Yunkish. Tyrion intends to turn them back to Dany's side. This is how his story ends. Disappointing on a whole

A thought about Aegon being revealed to be alive:

It doesn't really make sense to me. Varys confirms he has been in on hiding him and training him for the Throne in the Epilogue. If they always had a Targaryen to restore, who would eventually have a huge sellsword company behind him, why fill Viserys head with dreams of retaking the throne? Why send Viserys off to get a Dothraki army, when if all had gone well and he took back the Iron Throne, Aegon would have showed up and said "sorry uncle, I have the better claim". Why not tell Viserys about Aegon so that he could have joined his Dothraki army to him? It's hard to believe George didn't pull this one out of his ass.

Also, more on Jon. During Mel's single chapter, she sees Jon in her fires changing from man to wolf and back agian. She thinks to herself that whenever she prays to see Azor Ahai the fires only show her Jon. Azor Ahai is said to be "reborn" in smoke and salt. One of Jon's wounds is "smoking" in the cold air and Bowen Marsh is crying tears (salt).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/202-books-and-literature/59579314?page=2

So, what do you make of Jon's "death" now? He's going to "die" become one with his direwolf (i.e., Ghost) and then be reborn again? Huh!?

The baby Targaryen is still alive. Apparently, Varys covered it up.

Also, Ramsay Bolton makes Jeyne Poole have sex with a dog. WTF!?

Edited by ChaosLex

It appears Jon is stabbed 4 times by members of the Night's Watch (including Bowen Marsh), who believe he's leading them in the wrong direction. It's unknown whether he lives or dies, but I'm guessing it'll be the former. Supposedly, the "assassination" is very Caesar-like.

Okay, this is confirmed as real. Sounds like it's only a few members of the Night's Watch attacking Jon though. Whether he's alive or dead is indeed a mystery, although it's said that he might end up inhabiting Ghost's body.

Kevan Lannister is the epilogue character. Him and Pyrcelle and killed by Varys.

Haven't been able to confirm this.

Supposedly, Roose Bolton kills Walder Frey immediately following the events of the Red Wedding.

This was b.s.

Sounds like Asha is killed in a chapter called "The Sacrifice."

Haven't been able to confirm this.

Stannis is also rumored to die at the hands of Ramsay Bolton, when he leads an attack on Winterfell. At least, this is the claim Bolton makes in a letter, so it might be a bunch of b.s.

Haven't been able to confirm this, although it sounds like Jon wants the Night's Watch to ride there.

Quentyn Martell and Daeny become engaged. The former becomes a dragon tamer. It's also rumored that he in turn is killed by dragon fire.

Total b.s. Daeny marries someone else to form an alliance between Mereen and another one of the Free Cities.

Tyrion is sold into an entertainment group across the Narrow Sea. Eventually, he winds up being united with Jorah Mormont.

Sounds like Tyrion is a slave who's bought by Jorah Mormont, who hopes to sell him to Daeny and come back into her good graces.

Edited by ChaosLex