gallden

2011-2012 European Football Thread.

I guess here we could type about the Premier League, and some of the other leagues

any of you watch. The champions League and Europa Leagues as well.

The prem league season starts August 13. My predictions for the top 5 are as follows.

1.Chelsea

2.Man Yoo

3.Man City

4.Liverpool

5.Arsenal

Relegated: Swansea City, Norwich City, and WBA.

Can't wait for this season to start.

I am rooting for Norwich to stay up (and Newcastle to take em for 6 points)- love their kits. I think this is the season that time catches up with Wigan and they get relegated. Swansea, Blackburn, Wolves, and QPR are odds on to go down (well my odds).

1. Manure

2. Citeh

3. Liverpool

4. Chelsea

5. Arsenal

6. Spuds

The Sky Six as it were. Not feeling great about Newcastle at the minute- the Newcastle circus has been working overtime recently and who knows what to expect. Someone please please please take Joey Barton's blackberry away already.

Don't see City finishing first after that shambolic performance yesterday. Much like Arsenal they won't handle the pressure, Mancini is not the best manager either.

I might be interested. How does it work? I like playing fantasy sports, but don't want something overly time consuming. It it as intensive as baseball?

I might be interested. How does it work? I like playing fantasy sports, but don't want something overly time consuming. It it as intensive as baseball?

Yeah baseball is killer quite a commitment.

I'm in. I'm still pretty clueless on most of the league but I'll try it.

Edit: I'd still like to get together with some of you chodes and watch a game at Slainte. Anyone up for Liverpool this Saturday?

Edited by McNulty

I can't this Saturday, but they're playing Arsenal a week after. If anyone else is down I'd love to go then.

I can most likely make next Saturday.

As to fantasy league- it is about intensive as fantasy football with the difference being that you have 38odd weeks you have to pay attention as opposed to 16ish for NFL. How it works: everyone is allotted the same amount of money from which they build a team and you have to carry all positions (broken down into forwards, midfielders, defense, and goalies). Players are assigned a value and you have to make your team picks within the frame of your budget and those values are not static, meaning they start off based on performance from last season but change based on their performance. It works rotisserie style in that point totals accumulate over the course of the season. Points are kept based on certain statistics- goals, assists, clean sheets, wins, starts, sub appearance, etc. I like it more than baseball and about the same as NFL. I will send out the information to join as soon as I set up the league.

I will be at Slainte this weekend for the opening fixtures, namely Newcstle- Arsenal.

I am about sick of this Enrique business. If he does not want to be there get rid of him. News sources are linking us with Erik Pieters of PSV as a replacement and he is currently the Dutch first choice left back (he can't be too bad), so as long as we don't get fleeced for a price send him on his way.