OrangeJerseys

Lincecum Free Agent

Nobody will be signing him until later in the off season....putting on a showcase in Jan, wonder if he can really regain some velocity:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4484/tim-lincecum

Tim Lincecum (hip) plans to hold a showcase for interested teams in January.

Lincecum underwent surgery in September to repair a torn labrum in his hip and fix an impingement. His rehab process is ahead of schedule and he could receive clearance to begin throwing when he visits his surgeon for a follow-up in December. The hope is that he might be able to regain some velocity now that his hip pain is gone.

I mentioned him a month or so ago as someone I'd consider on a contract with very low base and large incentives with a team option for a 2nd year.

I mentioned him a month or so ago as someone I'd consider on a contract with very low base and large incentives with a team option for a 2nd year.

What types of incentives are permitted?

o

OOOOOOOOOOOO 2016

Timmy got $40 Million for 2012 and 2013.

Timmy got $35 Million for 2014 and 2015.

What will he get as a free agent for 2016 (and perhaps) 2017 ???

o

OOOOOOOOOOOO 2016

Timmy got $40 Million for 2012 and 2013.

Timmy got $35 Million for 2014 and 2015.

What will he get as a free agent for 2016 (and perhaps) 2017 ???

LOL. I saw the thread title and was like "Have they lost their minds?"

o

Tim Lincecum Eyes February Showcase: Giants Seem a Dark Horse

(By John Shea)

http://www.sfgate.com/giants/article/Tim-Lincecum-eyes-February-showcase-Giants-seem-6778187.php

I saw that article, was going to post the link. But you beat me to it.

I wonder if Tim would be some sort of DD sort of reclamation project. Maybe he should sign him for an incentive-laden deal.

Most of us have tried to forget Rowell....yet Timmy and his uncanny ability to win Cy Youngs and World Series rings has made this rather difficult.

Here is something we all forget, which softens the blow a bit....from wiki...you just can't figure out drafting...

Lincecum was selected by the Chicago Cubs of the NL in the 48th round (1,408th overall) of the 2003 MLB Draft, but did not sign.[7] He decided to attend college instead, and was selected by the Cleveland Indians in the 42nd round (1,261st overall) upon re-entering the draft in 2005, but rejected an offer including a $700,000 signing bonus.[6] The next year, he was drafted tenth overall by the San Francisco Giants, becoming the first player from the University of Washington to be taken in the first round.[2] He signed for a $2.025 million signing bonus on June 30, which at the time was the most the organization had ever paid to any amateur player.[8][a]