Jeff Keppinger - DH

Sean Rodriguez - SS

Jose Molina - C

Matt Joyce - LF

Elliot Johnson - RF

Reid Brignac - 2B

James Shields - RHP (16-12, 2.82 ERA)

Edited by OFFNY

Back-to-back doubles by Longoria and Keppinger plate a run, before Rodriguez pops out.

Heading to the bottom of the 1st. Rays lead, 1-0.

Watching the game and it was mentioned that Joe Maddon plans to have Luke Scott bat 2nd in regular games... :confused:

Just got back from dropping the wife off and finishing the Easter shopping for her. Wound back to see that Hardy home run - what a smash, great stuff. Also love to hear Gary Thorne talk about adult beverages....

I've let the kitchen be for about three days and I need to get some chili going, so not much commentary from me, I guess. :laughlol:

Watching the game and it was mentioned that Joe Maddon plans to have Luke Scott bat 2nd in regular games... :confused:

Good spot to have him.

Unless you are a victim of managerial group think and would rather your #2 hitter give up outs with sac bunts then be one of your better hitters.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Rumors and News

• Notice that the O's have quietly gathered up an interesting stable of lefties:  Bishop, Lowther, Wells, DL Hall, Akin, and arguably Tanner Scott.  In past years, I'd have to reach and mention guys like Lee and Means - no longer - though I did kinda mention them right there.        
    • I would say that Bonds left a legacy in San Francisco.  He left Pittsburgh two years later than Manny.   When I think of the Braves.  Greg Maddox comes to mind though he came up with the Cubs.
    • Again, I don't think teams are going to drop his value because of what he did mostly at 19, but if he had that feather in his cap his value would be much more in my opinion. Basically he's a post season unknown. Of course his career .240/.296/.406/.702 slash line in 611 Sep/Oct PAs could be an indicator of a guy who either gets tired late in the year or who doesn't do well in pennant races (the Orioles have been in the mix in September for most of his career). If I'm giving a guy $300 million i want to make sure he's at his best when the lights are the brightest.
    • Perhaps, but I think a legacy is more than putting up a numbers. A legacy is being known as one of the best for a team, usually a team you were drafted and developed by. It does bring up an interesting thought on what a legacy really is. Did Reggie Jackson leave a legacy with the Yankees for his Mr. October heroics? Despite those heroics, I doubt many Yankees fans would name to their top Yankees team.  

When I think legacy, I think of guys who when you name a team, you think of them. Obviously legacy Orioles would be Brooks, Palmer, Cal and Weaver. But some might argue that Frank Robinson and Eddie Murray left a legacy here as well. Now I'm partial to Eddie because he WAS the Orioles when I was growing up, but at the end of the day, the Orioles won only World Series during his time and he spent 8 season out of an Orioles uniform. So I guess I have to wonder can Machado still leave a legacy with another team? When I think about it, he does have time but it would probably have to be with a team without a long history of legacy players. In other words, could he become a legacy player with some team like the Diamondbacks or Rockies? Probably. But I doubt he would if he became a Red Sox, Yankee, or Dodger. 

It's an interesting thought. But I do know is the Orioles are the only team in which he could end up one of the greatest players ever. The Orioles are really the only team in which he has a chance to one day be considered for the team's "Mt Rushmore". 
    • Baseball America had him in their top 20 NY/Penn league prospects over Lowther and Hanifee. So people like him. I’m not as high on him, and I’ll explain why in detail as I do my top prospect countdown. An interesting aside from the BA top 20 NY/Penn league list is they asked a scout about Hunter Harvey (who didn’t pitch enough to qualify for the list) and the scout said if he was eligible he’d be #1 (over McKay who is probably a top 100 guy).
    • Fair enough, and I suppose if Manny had a good postseason in 2012 it would be another feather in his cap.    But I’m much more likely to assign meaning to Adam Jones’ .155/.206/.207 line in 63 postseason PA in his age 26, 28 and 30 seasons, than to Manny’s .174/.240/.348 over 27 PA, almost all of which was accrued in his age 19 season.    I don’t think that teams pursuing Manny will give his postseason performance any serious weight.    
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now