Floater

Gregg Williams will never coach anywhere ever again

Yawn

That's about what I would expect every nfl defensive coordinator tells their players. While it sounds stupid to us, remember that football players are some of the dumbest people in the world....they need stuff like that to get motivated.

Yawn

That's about what I would expect every nfl defensive coordinator tells their players. While it sounds stupid to us, remember that football players are some of the dumbest people in the world....they need stuff like that to get motivated.

Might not be a big deal to you, but it will to the commish who will decide if he will be able to coach in the NFL ever again.

Yawn

There is no shortage of stupidity in almost every field of endeavor. I disagree with your basic premise however since at least some academic bar must be passed in order to attend college even under athletic scholarship.

Yawn

Really? You mean some of the dumbest people in the world are able to comprehend complex plays, defensive and offensive alignments and calls, and react to unknown circumstances in a split second all on a huge national stage? Honestly that may be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard around here and that says something.

Really? You mean some of the dumbest people in the world are able to comprehend complex plays, defensive and offensive alignments and calls, and react to unknown circumstances in a split second all on a huge national stage? Honestly that may be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard around here and that says something.

Tony is right...The NFL playbook is probably one of the most difficult things to learn and understand that anyone could have put in front of them. We have people on this site that are engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc....I am willing to bet that many of them would really struggle with an NFL playbook.

BTW, this sounds worse than it is IMO. This happens everywhere.

I love how people get offended by this yet those are the same people who stand up and cheer when they see a monster hit. This is why so many watch football!!!!

Tony is right...The NFL playbook is probably one of the most difficult things to learn and understand that anyone could have put in front of them. We have people on this site that are engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc....I am willing to bet that many of them would really struggle with an NFL playbook.

I love how people get offended by this yet those are the same people who stand up and cheer when they see a monster hit. This is why so many watch football!!!!

No one should be surprised by this but it is just the nail in the coffin for G.Williams if it is new evidence to the NFL.

"Kill the head and the body will die."

"We've got to do everything in the world to make sure we kill Frank Gore's Head. We want him running sideways, we want his head [turned] sideways."

"Little 32 [Kendall Hunter - Rookie] we want to knock the **** out of him. He has no idea what he's in for. When he's on the sidelines we've got to turn that mother****er over, turn their coaches over, turn the spectators over, go get that mother ****er on the sidelines."

"We hit ****in [Alex] Smith right here [Points to chin of Alex Smith]. 'Remember me, I've got the first one, I've got the first one' [Williams rubs fingers together indicating cash money]. Go lay that mother ****er out."

"We're gonna dominate the line of scrimmage and we're going to kill the ****ing head."

"Every single one of you, before you get off the pile affect the head. Early, affect the head, continue touch and hit the head."

"The little wide receiver #10 [Kyle Williams] about his concussion. We need to ****in put a lick on him right now."

"We need to decide whether [Michael] Crabtree wants to be a fake ass primadonna or he wants to be a tough guy, we need to find out. He becomes human when he ****in take out that outside ACL."

"We need to decide how many times we can beat Frank Gore's head."

"We need to decide how many times we can bulrush and put Vernon Davis' ****in ankles over the pile."

"Never apologize for the way we compete."

Bye Bye.

Edited by Floater

I understand playing hard... Good aggressive tackles... Etc. but telling people to hit in the head... To aim for injured body parts... Is absolutely absurd and lame. Talking about kill shots to the head to remove a player from a game is not only against rules but is bordering in criminal assault. It goes beyond the game and infringrines on a players ability to not only earn an income, but function normally in their lives off the field.

Hey I just noticed you have 9 birds! You can field your own team now!

I understand playing hard... Good aggressive tackles... Etc. but telling people to hit in the head... To aim for injured body parts... Is absolutely absurd and lame. Talking about kill shots to the head to remove a player from a game is not only against rules but is bordering in criminal assault. It goes beyond the game and infringrines on a players ability to not only earn an income, but function normally in their lives off the field.

I gotta say, outstanding of kill shots, I'm not so sure this isn't really prevalent in the NFL.

Why are guys like Belicheck so tight lipped about their injury report? Don't you think DL know when a guys left leg is hurt and are a little more likely to try and him them there if afforded the chance? If you know a guy has broken ribs, do you try and hit him in the chest more? And if you do these things, is it wrong?

I'm with SG, some of this stuff seems a bit unpalatable in a raw public form. But everyone who watches and enjoys football has tacitly consented to a lot of this. I wasn't allowed to watch football in elementary school because my parents thought it was too inherently violent. If you don't want to think about coaches telling guys that Player X has a history of concussions, hit him really hard it might take him out of the game, you should probably join my parents on the sidelines and stop watching football, because I'm guessing that mentality isn't going away. No matter how much Roger Goddell wants it to just go away, the game is littered with violence and the more he tries to control, the more it will end up taking away from the game in its current form that everyone loves.

Anyone that's played football knows the danger of being injured. Just because someone talks about how they want to hurt you doesn't really matter. You still have to play the game and try to protect yourself. As for assault, you could say that about every play in the game. And don't forget, no one forces these guys to play. They want to and they are very well compensated for it.

That's true for some positions -- much less so for others.

I'm of the mindset that this gernally happens in all locker rooms, especially football. I forget who was on ESPN this morning (a former player), but he said that the #1 job of the defense is to intimidate the opposing teams' offense and strike fear in their eyes.

I really have no problem with that. Now, I don't think Williams goes over the line by targeting specific players and those specific players' body parts (i.e. Smith's neck and Crabtree's ACL), but his general point I have no problem with.