Sign in to follow this  
Don Quixote

4/6/2012: OPENING DAY - Orioles vs. Twins

Why? Johnson hits lefties better than Betemit does. It makes more sense this way.

Reimold should almost always be starting over Chavez, especially on Opening Day.

What do you do with your time now that you won't be manning the OH seat at OPACY? Doing PBP here? You need to write a book like Boy Howdy - maybe one about message board mania - ya know - JTrea, atomic, oldfan, etc. Bring us the personalities that make this MB tick..

What do you do with your time now that you won't be manning the OH seat at OPACY? Doing PBP here? You need to write a book like Boy Howdy - maybe one about message board mania - ya know - JTrea, atomic, oldfan, etc. Bring us the personalities that make this MB tick..

Good question! I'm not really sure yet. Just watching the games on TV (or not watching them) like everyone else, I guess. I may be writing an occasional recap for Camden Chat, but not every day. I'll have a lot more free time this year, that's for sure.

Baby Nolan swinging for the fences for AAA-Norfolk in 2009 before he came up. :)

Tides' Announcer @ 2:01: "Way to go, Nolan." Way to go." :cool:

Why? Johnson hits lefties better than Betemit does. It makes more sense this way.

Reimold should almost always be starting over Chavez, especially on Opening Day.

I didn't realize that Johnson hits lefties better than Betemit. Are we to expect Betemit to see righties more often than Johnson does? If healthy, I'd prefer to go with Johnson over Betemit. Take advantage of his bat before he goes on the DL.

Not worried about Reimold starting. But we know he'll start the next two games, that's why I said to a lesser extent.

I didn't realize that Johnson hits lefties better than Betemit. Are we to expect Betemit to see righties more often than Johnson does? If healthy, I'd prefer to go with Johnson over Betemit. Take advantage of his bat before he goes on the DL.

Not worried about Reimold starting. But we know he'll start the next two games, that's why I said to a lesser extent.

BTW, where'd you see that lefties were starting on Saturday and Sunday? I thought it was Liriano (a lefty) on Saturday and Liam Hendriks (a righty) on Sunday.

Can't wait to watch Willingham or Doumit try to field the ball in the OF

#puttheballinplay

We might get a repeat of

Damon-gif.gif

When I watched this live, I laughed just about the most I've ever laughed at anything, especially baseball-related.

BTW, where'd you see that lefties were starting on Saturday and Sunday? I thought it was Liriano (a lefty) on Saturday and Liam Hendriks (a righty) on Sunday.

You are correct according to MLB.com. I hadn't seen the probables listed and was going by a depth chart that had Duensing listed third.

UGH! Damn DirecTV is blacking out the O's Extra pre game.. unreal! I was so looking forward to catching all the opening day ceremonies, especially Nick & Matt's gold gloves..

O's Extra is blacked out for some odd reason for me. I am pretty pissed off by this. If for some stupid reason the game is blacked out I may lose it.