After this long layoff;) the Caps return to action tomorrow. The Schedule:

Game 1 at NY: Sat 4/28 3:00 p.m.

Game 2 at NY: Mon 4/30 7:30 p.m.

Game 3 at WSH: Wed 5/2 7:30 p.m.

Game 4 at WSH: Sat 5/5 12:30 p.m.

Game 5 at NY: Mon 5/7 7:30 p.m.

Game 6 at WSH: Wed 5/9 TBD

Game 7 at NY: Sat 5/12 TBD

I'm saying Caps in sIx. The Rags don't scare me much at all. Lundquist could be a problem but if the Caps can get some bodies in front of him, they'll get some goals. Now that Chara won't be opposing Ovie I think he will be able to contribute more in this series.

I guess everyone is still following the NFL draft. I've been able to peek at the game here and there. Scoreless first period, followed by goals for each team in the second, including one by Chimera at 19:56(!). So, 1-1 going to the third.

I'm watching - after that takedown by the Rangers and disallowed goal we got payback with a gorgeous goal to end the period. Laich to Chimera with a feather and putaway! Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

I'm watching - after that takedown by the Rangers and disallowed goal we got payback with a gorgeous goal to end the period. Laich to Chimera with a feather and putaway! Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

Sadly it's been all down hill from there. :(

Ugh so game 1 was pretty bad. Holtby let in 3 goals and an argument could be made that all 3 could've been stopped. Green was on the ice for two of those goals allowed and didn't do much to help out in either. Finally we had the return of bad Sasha as he took two inexcusable penalties one costing the Caps a PP, although as ineffective as the PP was (gotta convert 5 on 3) maybe that wasn't such a big deal. Despite all that the Caps had numerous chances in this game and must of had a half dozen shots hit the post or the crossbar. The Rangers played a decent game, but they didn't show me anything that made me think the Caps can't beat them. They need to step it up tonight so they can bring the series back home tied at 1.

Ugh so game 1 was pretty bad. Holtby let in 3 goals and an argument could be made that all 3 could've been stopped. Green was on the ice for two of those goals allowed and didn't do much to help out in either. Finally we had the return of bad Sasha as he took two inexcusable penalties one costing the Caps a PP, although as ineffective as the PP was (gotta convert 5 on 3) maybe that wasn't such a big deal. Despite all that the Caps had numerous chances in this game and must of had a half dozen shots hit the post or the crossbar. The Rangers played a decent game, but they didn't show me anything that made me think the Caps can't beat them. They need to step it up tonight so they can bring the series back home tied at 1.

Compared to the last Bruin game, it seemed obvious that they didn't bring the same intensity - grinding and hustling. Perhaps it was fatigue and the lack of a sense of urgency. I have to believe that Ovie and Niklas will rise to the occasion. Can Holtby regroup?

Compared to the last Bruin game, it seemed obvious that they didn't bring the same intensity - grinding and hustling. Perhaps it was fatigue and the lack of a sense of urgency. I have to believe that Ovie and Niklas will rise to the occasion. Can Holtby regroup?

They had an extra day off compared to NY so I don't think it was fatigue so much as the lack of urgency and focus. If they get back to playing the right way (the way they played in the Boston series) they should be fine. The Caps know they have to come out better prepared and I think we will see that in game 2.

Part of the problem with Holtby's performance was that he didn't face many shots in game 1 so it was hard for him to stay "ready". He's going to have to adjust to that incase it happens again tonight. I'm not suggesting a goalie change right now but I do want to point out that Neuvirth apparently is healthy again meaning the Caps have a viable backup should they need it, let's hope they don't!

Mike Green is pretty much useless at this point.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you :(

The rest of the team is looking good, including Holtby who is playing much better tonight.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you :(

The rest of the team is looking good, including Holtby who is playing much better tonight.

Holtby has shown some flash tonight... the goal he allowed wasn't really his fault.

What a rocket from Ovie on the pp!!! Gotta hold on here.

How great was it to see Ovie win this game? Great performance by Holtby, good win. We need to protect home ice. Let's do it.