erb8472

2nd Round - Capitals vs Rangers

Damn good play by Backstrom. Loved that hit and then sneaks to the backside for the goal.

Dangerously close to a suspension right there...

Yeah hopefully he doesn't still get suspended.

14 minutes of ice time from Ovechkin is better than none.

Yeah hopefully he doesn't still get suspended.

14 minutes of ice time from Ovechkin is better than none.

14 min of ice time is fine if you are putting him out there for offensive chances and keeping him off the ice when he is a liability. He is terrible on defense, that's why he and Semin on the same line are great because it's only ONE line you have to bench instead of 2.

Dangerously close to a suspension right there...

One leg was up because he tried to kick the puck. The second leg left the ice about a millisecond before hitting Girardi. The call on the ice should be sufficient.

14 min of ice time is fine if you are putting him out there for offensive chances and keeping him off the ice when he is a liability. He is terrible on defense, that's why he and Semin on the same line are great because it's only ONE line you have to bench instead of 2.

I agree that he is bad on defense. I have no problem with the ice time we've been giving him.

Let's hope they can put one in the net this 3rd period and hold off the Rags. I can't take another overtime.

One leg was up because he tried to kick the puck. The second leg left the ice about a millisecond before hitting Girardi. The call on the ice should be sufficient.

He got both feet back down after he tried to kick the puck and then went up and left his feet again. His reputation is going to weigh a lot in the decision, he was in the process of leaving his feet to hit Girardi, no matter if it was a millesecond from actually leaving the ice when he hit him. The intent alone would be enough to fine him, and because he's a repeat offender a fine = auto suspension. Going to cross my fingers on this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

He got both feet back down after he tried to kick the puck and then went up and left his feet again. His reputation is going to weigh a lot in the decision, he was in the process of leaving his feet to hit Girardi, no matter if it was a millesecond from actually leaving the ice when he hit him. The intent alone would be enough to fine him, and because he's a repeat offender a fine = auto suspension. Going to cross my fingers on this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

On the replay I saw his left leg never came back down. He was kind of off balance going into it. Maybe I saw it wrong; I'll have to look again. Didn't help that Girardi was kind of falling over, which made it look worse.

On another note, why does Pierre love the Rangers so much? He's lobbying for them at every turn.

EDIT: Here's the video:

[video=youtube_share;8myT-qqM0TI]

If that left skate came down it only brushed the ice. There's no way he put any weight on it to jump off of. He seemed to jump a little off the right, which drew the charging. I don't think it warrants anything more than the in-game penalty, but you never know.

Edited by CrimsonTribe

On the replay I saw his left leg never came back down. He was kind of off balance going into it. Maybe I saw it wrong; I'll have to look again. Didn't help that Girardi was kind of falling over, which made it look worse.

On another note, why does Pierre love the Rangers so much? He's lobbying for them at every turn.

Last series it was him lobbying for the Bruins. Just more of the same.

EDIT: Here's the video:

[video=youtube_share;8myT-qqM0TI]

If that left skate came down it only brushed the ice. There's no way he put any weight on it to jump off of. He seemed to jump a little off the right, which drew the charging. I don't think it warrants anything more than the in-game penalty, but you never know.

If you look at the 8 second mark the puck was long gone and his skate was still on the ice, he started lifting it there going for the hit, it's how he makes all of his big hits, but sometimes he gets carried away and BOTH feet leave the ice. He just has to stop hitting like that, he knows that. Stop trying to make the highlight reel and win the game. Even jumping off one foot is enough to get him suspended, especially with his multiple offenses. He's just gotta be smarter than that. We'll see, and I don't think it's a slam dunk or anything, but I'm sure it gets looked at and it's probably 40/60 he gets dinged for it by Shanny.

Yeah Pierre is kinda a jerk. Not as bad as Cherry or Milbury in their disdain for the Caps but still pretty bad.

Not a big Pierre fan either, but you can't blame anyone in the media for wanting to get on Torts good side. The dude is an ass to the media.