erb8472

2nd Round - Capitals vs Rangers

I think that's a wrap. I can't see winning two in a row and a game 7 in MSG. Unfortunate to lose tonight's game and a game in triple OT. Worst part will be continuing to have to listen to the Rangers' asshat of a coach.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That was a lucky goal. Went under Holtby and then between Carlsons arm and off the post and in. Lucky goal.

Not a lucky goal, IMO. Holtby was out of position thinking he could ice the puck and he was beaten to it. Even Carlson blocks the shot, I think the Rangers would have had a rebound considering how many guys were out of position.

I knew we beat Boston for a reason - to lose in worse fashion later in the playoffs.

I like Joel Ward, but that may be one of the worst plays I've ever seen from a Capital. 30 seconds left with a one goal lead and off the face-off he is immediately stick to face for a double minor to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

We dominated the third, hit a post, messed up several odd man rushes and blew it at the end.

The Caps have had a way to lose in unbelievable fashion for 30 years and there was no reason this year would be any different.

If Backstrom's back hand doesn't hit off the top bar, or Semin's deflection goes in were not talkin about Ward's stupid penalty.But it is what it is and we will see what this team is really made of, this is the type of stuff that makes you champions. I really thought we had this one , and it really hurts but hopefully they surprise people like they have all play-offs

I was physically nauseous after that game. Nothing in my being an Orioles, Redskins or Wizards (or even Capitals) fan has ever prepared me for that kind of a pain. I was certain whoever won that game would win the series, and with the Devils close to finishing the Flyers, I thought we might have a ticket to the SCF already punched. To be 6 seconds away from that and then lose in that way - it was actually painful. Physically.

That said - after a night's rest, I feel better, a lot better. I think the Caps are still VERY capable of putting this team away. Take it one game at a time boys. Win tomorrow, and play a winner takes all game in MSG. Could be a lot worse, considering this team was a few games away from missing the playoffs altogether.

I've been out of town for the weekend and my hotel didn't carry NBC Sports and I wasn't able to watch last night's game although looking at the box score and reading the recap it sounds like that may have been a good thing. I probably would've been ill or broken a remote or something if I had seen the game, but I didn't so instead I'll be the voice of reason and try and talk some of you guys off of the ledge. Does a loss like that hurt, heck yeah it does, but if there's one thing this Caps team has been it's been resilient, the Caps have been bouncing back from heartbreaking losses all year and that trend has continued in the playoffs. The Caps are 3 and 0 in the playoffs this year following an OT loss including the triple OT back breaker, that shows alot of character. They've been outplaying the Rags in this series and are a bad penalty away from being up 3-2. No need to change things up and panic now. Stick to the system and they still have a good shot of pulling this one out. A couple of posters said there's no way they could win a game 7 in MSG, that's hogwash the Caps already took a game 7 from the defending Champs up in Boston, NY isn't any more difficult of a place to play. First things first though taking care of business tomorrow night at the phone booth. Losing a game like game 5 hurts but last time I checked it takes 4 games to eliminate an opponent and the Caps have dropped 3 not 4 so they are still in this. I'm getting fired up just typing this out, bring on game 6. Let's go Caps!!!

5 hours from game time, I'm fired up! These our not your "young guns" Caps. This team has been bouncing back all season and into the playoffs I don't see that changing now. Caps win game 6.

5 hours from game time, I'm fired up! These our not your "young guns" Caps. This team has been bouncing back all season and into the playoffs I don't see that changing now. Caps win game 6.

All I can think about is tonights game. I'm hoping we can win by a couple goals. Not sure I can take a close game or overtime tonight.

All I can think about is tonights game. I'm hoping we can win by a couple goals. Not sure I can take a close game or overtime tonight.

No doubt. I've been anxious all day. Can't wait!

Ovie is a beast! And oh yeah so is Chimera!

Nice call on Chimera Bob! Caps are looking good here, just need to stay out of the box here in the 3rd.

Nice call on Chimera Bob! Caps are looking good here, just need to stay out of the box here in the 3rd.

Need to keep piling it on.