erb8472

2nd Round - Capitals vs Rangers

Nice to see Game-Over step up his game last night as well. He looked good on the PP and played a solid overall game for the Caps.

Yep, was just talking about this with my brother and dad - We gotta win our 5th game of this series on Saturday. But we can do it, and I think we will. Should be a great game.

We had tix to the O's game Saturday, but now since game 7 is at 7:30 on Saturday, we are exchanging the tickets for a later date (we can do this because they moved the Brooks promotion).

I feel like we'll be going for our sixth win on Saturday - between Ward's mistake and the two Game 3 OT Period 1 opportunities missed by Beagle and Ovechkin hitting the pipe. Series should be over and we've been the better team, but it's not over. We've played the first 59 minutes of the past two games to a 4-1 advantage, but only have 1 win for it. I really fear the Caps have made so many mistakes that they are pushing past their margin for error to win the series. Lundqvuist has been awesome for the Rags and it would not be surprising if he were the difference in Game 7.

Caps still need to eliminate the dumb penalties - Ward's double-minor Game 5, Halpern's double minor Game 6, Game 5 Green slashing retaliation, Game 5 Carlson clearing penalty - this stuff has to stop.

• Upvote 1

Braden's fiancee Brandy gave birth to Benjamin Hunter Holtby today.

Congrats Braden. Let's get the little guy a win tomorrow night.

Let's gooooooooo! C-A-P-S, CAPS, CAPS, CAPS!

If this video doesn't pump you up you must be on life support.

[video=youtube;Z2PloBdHeow]

Have to find a way to beat Lundquist.

He has been outstanding so far. I would love to see us score with about 2 seconds left and then win it in overtime.

We played our asses off in the 2nd season for once, until tonight. We were a step slower all game. Tonight reminded me what it's really like to be a Cap fan.

It should have been 3-1. I can't believe how lethargic we looked on that powerplay where Brain Boyle scored that goal that didn't count. It was like they didn't care anymore.

Disappointing loss. Joel Ward is not to blame for this loss or the series loss, in my opinion. The penalty kill should have been able to kill off 23 seconds worth of power play and they did not do it. At least they showed heart in the playoffs for once. I am not sure if Dale Hunter will be back or not because I don't know if he wants to come back next year. It was the right decision to let Bruce Boudreau go-his system was never going to result in a Stanley Cup win here or anywhere else unless he makes some major changes too it-which I am not sure he ever will do. Even if Hunter leaves-I am sure that George Mcphee has learned his lesson and will not hire another Boudreau. Defense and grinding it out wins playoff games in the NHL nowadays and that has got to be their focus next year. The regular season really does not mean much-as long as you make the playoffs. This has been very evident this year and in years past(especially when it comes to the Caps). Lets come back next year-use the regular season to get ready for the playoffs and win it all next year!

Disappointing loss. Joel Ward is not to blame for this loss or the series loss, in my opinion. The penalty kill should have been able to kill off 23 seconds worth of power play and they did not do it. At least they showed heart in the playoffs for once. I am not sure if Dale Hunter will be back or not because I don't know if he wants to come back next year. It was the right decision to let Bruce Boudreau go-his system was never going to result in a Stanley Cup win here or anywhere else unless he makes some major changes too it-which I am not sure he ever will do. Even if Hunter leaves-I am sure that George Mcphee has learned his lesson and will not hire another Boudreau. Defense and grinding it out wins playoff games in the NHL nowadays and that has got to be their focus next year. The regular season really does not mean much-as long as you make the playoffs. This has been very evident this year and in years past(especially when it comes to the Caps). Lets come back next year-use the regular season to get ready for the playoffs and win it all next year!

You can't blame the PK for not being able to kill off 23 seconds of 6-4 PP. That's MUCH harder than it looks with that many people flying around. You can absolutely blame the knucklehead who smashed someone in the face with his stick off a faceoff intentionally.

You can't blame the PK for not being able to kill off 23 seconds of 6-4 PP. That's MUCH harder than it looks with that many people flying around. You can absolutely blame the knucklehead who smashed someone in the face with his stick off a faceoff intentionally.

Even Dale Hunter himself said that the play that got the penalty called was "a hockey play". Ward did not do it intentionally. He was trying to control the player and, unfortunately his stick rode up and caught the opposing player in the face. I realize that killing off a 6 on 4 penalty is harder than it looks (even with only 23 seconds left). My point is that Ward's penalties did not lose the series any more than the mistakes that cost the Caps the other 3 games that they lost in the series. We may not have even gotten to this series without Ward and fans need to ease off of him. The Caps lost as a team to the Rangers-period.

Even Dale Hunter himself said that the play that got the penalty called was "a hockey play". Ward did not do it intentionally. He was trying to control the player and, unfortunately his stick rode up and caught the opposing player in the face. I realize that killing off a 6 on 4 penalty is harder than it looks (even with only 23 seconds left). My point is that Ward's penalties did not lose the series any more than the mistakes that cost the Caps the other 3 games that they lost in the series. We may not have even gotten to this series without Ward and fans need to ease off of him. The Caps lost as a team to the Rangers-period.

That's because NO coach is going to come out and throw his player under the bus. It wasn't a hockey play, go watch the replay. He never had his stick on the ice, he had it up at cross-checking level, and then swung it sideways into someone's face. If he had been tangled up and it just came up and caught someone I'd say fine, it happens, but he never even had his stick on the ice, he came straight from the wing to set a pick on the C (a designed play in hockey), ready to check someone (hence the stick being up), and whether he lost his balance, or didn't expect the guy to be there, it was a STUPID play at that point in the game, and an unwritten rule in hockey that you do NOT take a penalty at the end of a game with the goalie pulled.