O'sHeelsFan

Heels Thread

On 1/14/2018 at 1:52 AM, OFFNY said:

o

North Carolina's all-time record is 58-0 vs. Clemson at home ........ dating back to 1926. ll O.o

10 years ago in 2008, Clemson was ahead by 11 points with only 3 minutes left to play ........ but Tyler Hansbrough and company outsourced Clemson 13-3 over those final 3 minutes to send the game into overtime. North Carolina eventually won the game in double-overtime, extending this amazingly eerie streak.

Clemson will get another shot at the Tar Heels in Chapel Hill, on Tuesday night.

o

o

59-0.

o

o

After back-to-back appearances in the National Championship game in 2016 and 2017, North Carolina bowed out in the Round of 32 in 2018.

Texas A&M also scored a major upset over the Tar Heels in the round of 32 in 1980, when I was in 9th grade, and when Mike O'Koren was a senior.

After a scoreless overtime period, the Aggies outscored the Tar Heels by a 25-8 count in the 2nd overtime in that game from 38 years ago.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1980-03-08-north-carolina.html

o

On 3/19/2018 at 8:55 AM, glenn__davis said:

Always nice to see UNC ousted.  Now let's get Duke and Kentucky ousted and we can have ourselves a nice tournament.

I'm afraid that's probably going to be your national championship game.

On 3/20/2018 at 12:55 PM, Reboulet'sStache said:

I'm afraid that's probably going to be your national championship game.

Duke's gotta great shot and a great team this year. 

Never thought UK would get there (even before they, you know, actually lost).  They just weren't that strong a team.  Calipari got his title, but if you look at more recent results I'm still not a believer that his system of one-and-dones is the way to go.  I suspect the rules will be changing soon anyway.

o

MARCH 14th, 2019

After having their heads handed to them by Louisville 2 months ago by a score of 83-62, North Carolina has beaten the Cardinals twice, including a win in the ACC quarterfinal round tonight.

Overall, the Tar Heels have gone 15-1 in all of their games since that afternoon in Chapel Hill, with the only loss coming to Virginia on February 11th.

o