Sign in to follow this  
OriolesFaithful

Big test for Dylan Bundy tonight

looks like he passed with an A+

Plus Plus There was one ball that was hit hard when I was watching. ;) I grade on a curve.

Roch is now stating that Bundy only went five. Makes sense but a bit disappointing.

Yeah, it was Gurka for the other two. I had not heard that they would deviate from the five inning cap so I was surprised.

I was at the game as well. I was fourth row just to the right of home plate. It looked like fast balls for the most part, very crisp and seemed to have good movement. The scoreboard MPH reading was off by several points it seemed. All night long with all pitchers. I noticed it had Bundy hitting 92 a good bit, but seemed much faster to my eyes.I asked a guy, a scout I suppose, who was making notes and was next to the radar gun fellow. He confirmed it was off and said Bundy hit 98 a number of times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Upvote 1

I was at the game as well. I was fourth row just to the right of home plate. It looked like fast balls for the most part, very crisp and seemed to have good movement. The scoreboard MPH reading was off by several points it seemed. All night long with all pitchers. I noticed it had Bundy hitting 92 a good bit, but seemed much faster to my eyes.I asked a guy, a scout I suppose, who was making notes and was next to the radar gun fellow. He confirmed it was off and said Bundy hit 98 a number of times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the eyes on and for asking the scout about the velocity. That's what being a Hangouter is all about! Rep your way!

Box score says he pitched 5 innings, guys...

Edit: Sorry, yeah, my mistake - missed that there was a page 4 of the thread. Oops!

Edited by skanar

Yeah, it was Gurka for the other two. I had not heard that they would deviate from the five inning cap so I was surprised.

Here is the plan per Melewski. Also some great comments from Rick P.

"After 14 starts this year, the Orioles remain extremely pleased with the season their top pitching prospect Dylan Bundy is having. The 19-year-old from Oklahoma, who has been limited to five-inning starts so far, will soon will be allowed to go deeper into games.

First, though, Bundy will take a small step back in his next start, which will come Wednesday at Potomac, when he will throw around four innings on a 60-pitch limit. That is so he can then pitch in the Futures Game three days later on Sunday, July 8.

Coming out of that, Bundy's next outing is expected to be July 14. In that one and again six days later, he is expected to go five innings also. But then in a start that will likely come on or around July 26 - his third after the Futures Game - Bundy's pitch limit will be bumped up to around 100 for the rest of the season and he will be able to pitch past five innings for the first time all year."

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the eyes on and for asking the scout about the velocity. That's what being a Hangouter is all about! Rep your way!

Thanks! Was nice seeing Al Bumbry's son play as well. I happened to catch the Keys a year ago in Salem, so it was only the 2nd timed I'd seen 'em. But was definitely counting the days and watching the calendar till Bundy's turn in the rotation happened. Winston-Salem is about 75 miles from where I live in NC.

• Upvote 1

Here is the plan per Melewski. Also some great comments from Rick P.

"After 14 starts this year, the Orioles remain extremely pleased with the season their top pitching prospect Dylan Bundy is having. The 19-year-old from Oklahoma, who has been limited to five-inning starts so far, will soon will be allowed to go deeper into games.

First, though, Bundy will take a small step back in his next start, which will come Wednesday at Potomac, when he will throw around four innings on a 60-pitch limit. That is so he can then pitch in the Futures Game three days later on Sunday, July 8.

Coming out of that, Bundy's next outing is expected to be July 14. In that one and again six days later, he is expected to go five innings also. But then in a start that will likely come on or around July 26 - his third after the Futures Game - Bundy's pitch limit will be bumped up to around 100 for the rest of the season and he will be able to pitch past five innings for the first time all year."

That's excellent about the increase in pitches. I can't wait to see him extended in a full game.

Looks like also did more than fine last night. Wonder if we'll see him in Bowie by the time he's throwing 100 pitches.

That's excellent about the increase in pitches. I can't wait to see him extended in a full game.

Looks like also did more than fine last night. Wonder if we'll see him in Bowie by the time he's throwing 100 pitches.

If he's in Bowie, it will mean he has been dominating Frederick, which would be great to see at 19.