Oldorioles

2013-2014 Orioles Off-Season Moves Tracker

3B Michael Almanzar was a Rule 5 acquisition by way of Boston.

Also took OF Julio Borbon in the AAA phase.

Added C David Freitas to complete the Jim Johnson trade with the A's

3B Michael Almanzar was a Rule 5 acquisition by way of Boston.

Also took OF Julio Borbon in the AAA phase.

Added C David Freitas to complete the Jim Johnson trade with the A's

Got 'em, thanks !

Brian Roberts signs a one year $2M contract with the Yankees.

Orioles sign Chris Marrero, former 1st rounder from Washington. He'll be Norfolk's starting 1B.

Orioles sign closer, Grant Balfour, to a two year deal as well.

Edited by Oldorioles

Has anyone specifically tied salaries to the off season moves? Obviously, we remove 10M for Roberts, 2M for McLouth, 4.2M for Wada, 3.5M between Betemit and Casilla. Add 7M for Balfour, 2M for Webb. Where does that leave us after the anticipated ARB increases for Wieters, Davis, etc...? I would love to see that as part of this thread.

Has anyone specifically tied salaries to the off season moves? Obviously, we remove 10M for Roberts, 2M for McLouth, 4.2M for Wada, 3.5M between Betemit and Casilla. Add 7M for Balfour, 2M for Webb. Where does that leave us after the anticipated ARB increases for Wieters, Davis, etc...? I would love to see that as part of this thread.

I just took a stab at it, thought it deserved its own thread on the main page.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Rumors and News

• The writing is pretty much on the wall.  I looked at Moose's "effort" post and was reminded of how many times over the years Jonesy's effort got this team wins.  No he's not a good CF - that's due to a lack of range, not effort.  He wants a World Series win real bad.  And it ain't happening here. The Orioles should give him the courtesy of a trade.  They won't get that much in return.  But they have to get all they can as part of a rebuild this season if they want to keep the upcoming losing years (plural) to a minimum. I will root for Jonesy on another team, because I am a big fan of his.  Unless.... it's the Yanks, Sawx, or Jays.  It makes me wonder which teams can use him for a playoff run, and I'd like the board's thoughts on the matter. Of course this all depends on the front office being competent enough to trade their veterans.  I would just like some hypotheticals.
    • 7.32, 7.03, 5.56, 7.56.  Those are the ERAs of the 4 O's pitcher's that pitched tonight (5/23/18).  And of course until recently we had a pitcher who pitched for us with an even worse ERA (10.46 by Tillman!).  Truly  pathetic.
    • Due to my age, I've never really gotten to experience a truly great Oriole. By the time I was old enough to watch intelligently, Ripken was a veteran with a bad back who missed games and often struggled. I only got to see a few seasons of Mussina before he was off to pinstripes.  The best Orioles baseball that I've really gotten to experience is a Brian Roberts, Erik Bedard, Melvin Mora type of player. So, my random thought is about how I am that guy who didn't see a movie, but nods and smiles when you all talk about players like Brooks. 
    • You didn't think of Rodger Federer and the Williams Sisters as top 100 famous?
    • I have a question. I know JJ was hurt so he doesn't really play into this. But if you have 2 other players that will probably get drafted by the NBA, shouldn't your College Team reflect that?  Turgeon may be the worst Coach I have seem at Maryland in my life. And that's saying something after everything the program went though after Lefty was forced out.
    • All those cricket players on the list are from India.  You think India has the only team.  I don't think this players are all that known outside of India.  But when your country has over a billion people it kind of ruins the value of the list.  I think baseball is lacking stars,. Not many non baseball fanatics know who Mile Trout is.  He is boring. He isn't setting records. He has high WaR?  No one cares about that. Baseball should be marketing the good hitting pitcher from the Angels.  I think he could transcend the sport. 
    • I didn't catch Jim's comments post-game. Thanks for this. But I do remember during the game when Davis let a strike 3 down the middle and Davis looked incredulous as if "no way you called it a strike." And Palmer sort of made it sound like "He's not seeing the ball coming out of the pitcher's hand. He doesn't see the ball as it crosses the plate. He's not even looking at it. Is he even seeing the pitches?"
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now