Oldorioles

Orioles 40-man Roster Tracker

178 posts in this topic

Liam Hendriks was claimed off waivers from the Cubs (who claimed him just 10 days ago from the Twins). Looks like he does still have an option left. Roster is now full at 40.

The Orioles signed outfielder Tyler Colvin to as major league deal. He has one option remaining. Because of Troy Patton's suspension, the roster is now at 40 players. When Patton comes back from suspension someone will have to go.

The Orioles signed outfielder Tyler Colvin to as major league deal. He has one option remaining. Because of Troy Patton's suspension, the roster is now at 40 players. When Patton comes back from suspension someone will have to go.

Colvin isn't a done deal yet, is he?

I've taken Colvin back off the list until it's officially announced by the club (if ever).

Orioles claim OF Jimmy Paredes off waivers from Miami. He has no options remaining.

Orioles sign Suk-Min Yoon to a major league deal, waive Paredes.

Orioles also announce the signing of Ubaldo Jimenez. Another roster move will be needed.

The Orioles designate Liam Hendriks for assignment to make room for Ubaldo Jimenez on the 40-man roster.

Belfiore is the first player optioned for the 2014 season, still has one left after this year.

The Orioles claim INF Dave Adams off waivers and DFA De La Cruz. Adams was recently optioned, which was his last, but he can be shuttled back and forth from Baltimore to Norfolk this year without worry.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Rumors and News

• This kid can just pitch. If he can find a way to get his velocity into the 89-91 range he has the chance to be a beast. not saying he can't have some success at his 87-90, but he'll need pinpoint control when he gets to more mature hitters. Saying that, when I saw him last year, I don't think i ever seen a guy who never throws the ball the same speed two times in a row. He has a chance to be a very fast mover.  I'm looking forward to seeing him pitch this year to compare him from last year.
    • Also, I have to say that I hate ESPN's website.    The older version was better, both in form and content.    And if I want articles from fivethirtyeight.com, I'll go there and read them.    I don't need them mixed in with my sports news.    
    • Yea, he rambled on a bit.  I stopped reading shortly after that section.
    • Yes, because the first month or two is always, always overemphasized.  Decisions are made based on tiny samples of almost meaningless data and emotional knee-jerks.  You're better off if your nonsensical knee jerks are positive rather than negative.  You're almost always better off riding your offseason plan longer rather than making any choice based on 50 PAs.
    • In the AFL in 2015 the cutter/slider was causing him some discomfort. To the best of my knowledge he wasn't throwing it in games or even bullpen sessions last season.
    • Do some athletes find themselves unhappy with an organization and then just put forth mediocre effort (or tank) with hopes of being released and thus given a "change of scenery"? I have no idea if this is the case or if this is even a thing (I feel like Jake's situation was different - was pitching coach and philosphical differences)? I'm just wondering if he's wanting to go to a place where he's actually wanted and there's a clear line of advancement to the Majors). Just pure wild speculation, not based on anything other than he's a complex guy.  
  • Popular Contributors