ChaosLex

AP doesn't heart Ravens fans

I'm not one to defend AP...I don't think he's that great of a person. But if fans are throwing snowballs at his teammates, then I don't think he's whining to point it out. What if the Ravens were playing at Philly yesterday and it's Joe Flacco or Ray Rice tweeting that Philly fans were throwing snowballs at them? Would that be them whining and would they need to toughen up? You guys probably wouldn't be making fun of them.

While I don't agree with people throwing snowballs, to call the entire ravens fan base the worst in the nfl is probably the dumbest comment this year. I am sorry, AP, have you forgotten that a guy was murdered in KC

Hmmmm. Snowballs vs Murder

This is a big problem with society. Dealing in absolutes to make their point. I have no respect for people who make an issue bigger than it actually is by using hyperbole.

I wasn't even at the game. I was 200 miles away at home. Am I now one of the worst fans in America because Joe Blow from Dundalk threw a snowball.

Total nonsense.

We're kind of quibbling over his "entire fan-base" comment. He's ranting on twitter, in 140 characters or less. Do you all think that, if asked for clarification, he might back off that statement?

We're kind of quibbling over his "entire fan-base" comment. He's ranting on twitter, in 140 characters or less. Do you all think that, if asked for clarification, he might back off that statement?

That is a terrible excuse

That is a terrible excuse

Not really. You're parsing something from a 140 character tweet. It wasn't a press statement or an interview...it was an internet rant. If he made the statement during a post game interview, and a reporter asked for clarification, do you honestly think he wouldn't back off the "entire fan base" thing? People are quibbling over this to distract from the real issue of fans throwing things on the field at the opposing team's players.

While I don't agree with people throwing snowballs, to call the entire ravens fan base the worst in the nfl is probably the dumbest comment this year. I am sorry, AP, have you forgotten that a guy was murdered in KC

Hmmmm. Snowballs vs Murder

This is a big problem with society. Dealing in absolutes to make their point. I have no respect for people who make an issue bigger than it actually is by using hyperbole.

I wasn't even at the game. I was 200 miles away at home. Am I now one of the worst fans in America because Joe Blow from Dundalk threw a snowball.

Total nonsense.

[

I agree that dealing in absolutes is an issue at times.

However, you and others being so personally "offended" by his comments about the ravens fan base is an issue as well. IMO. You should be more angry at the fans that threw the snowballs than AP. IMO, they gave him the reason to broadcast his feelings about Ravens fans.

Edited by russ snyder

[

I agree that dealing in absolutes is an issue at times.

However, you and others being so personally "offended" by his comments about the ravens fan base is an issue as well. IMO. You should be more angry at the fans that threw the snowballs than AP. IMO, they gave him the reason to broadcast his feelings about Ravens fans.

Who said I was offended? I just think he is an idiot for dealing in absolutes about people on a large scale.

I know the Ravens fans aren't the worst fan base in the NFL. If polled, I would think the jaguars or raiders would be at the top of that list for very different reasons

Were fans actually pelting the Vikings with snowballs? I literally didn't see that happen once on TV but obviously didn't have a great view of it. AP claims people were throwing snowballs at them from the top deck...that seems nearly impossible.

I'm not one to defend AP...I don't think he's that great of a person. But if fans are throwing snowballs at his teammates, then I don't think he's whining to point it out. What if the Ravens were playing at Philly yesterday and it's Joe Flacco or Ray Rice tweeting that Philly fans were throwing snowballs at them? Would that be them whining and would they need to toughen up? You guys probably wouldn't be making fun of them.

I would expect them to respond in kind and arm themselves with snowballs. Sometimes in those very trying situations you have to defend yourself.

I would expect them to respond in kind and arm themselves with snowballs. Sometimes in those very trying situations you have to defend yourself.

Right. Like Rice and Flacco have nothing to lose in this scenario. C'mon.

Were fans actually pelting the Vikings with snowballs? I literally didn't see that happen once on TV but obviously didn't have a great view of it. AP claims people were throwing snowballs at them from the top deck...that seems nearly impossible.

I was behind the Ravens bench and I saw some snowballs come out of the upper deck and land near aor behind the Vikings bench. I'm sure that some of the snowballs landed on theifans in the lower deck as well. Like I stated in an earlier post, I saw several snowballs land around Patterson and his teammates when they were celebrating his TD.

Edited by russ snyder

Who said I was offended? I just think he is an idiot for dealing in absolutes about people on a large scale.

I know the Ravens fans aren't the worst fan base in the NFL. If polled, I would think the jaguars or raiders would be at the top of that list for very different reasons

My bad, I took your question about being lumped in with Joe Blow from Dundalk who threw a snowball as being offended by Ap's comments.

I don't know who has the worst fan base in the NFL, but everyone including AP has a right to their opinion.

Right. Like Rice and Flacco have nothing to lose in this scenario. C'mon.

How many of us have gone to a snowball battle decked out in full football gear? I don't think they had a lot of risk. Any of them.

How many of us have gone to a snowball battle decked out in full football gear? I don't think they had a lot of risk. Any of them.

I have never worn football gear in a snowball fight.

More to the point, remember the baseball player that threw the chair into the stands?

Imagine the lawsuit if Flacco hit someone with a snowball.