Slade-OH

2014 Orioles Spring Training Tracker

Suk-Min Yoon threw his first bullpen yesterday. No official word yet on wether he'll be evaluated as starter or reliever this Spring. I'd assume he'll initially be evaluated as a starter based on Duquettes comments to the press -2/21

I don't think Yoon is nearly as "red" as this indicates. He can be assigned to Norfolk to start the season and I would not at all be surprised to see him at least start the season in the AAA rotation.

I don't think Yoon is nearly as "red" as this indicates. He can be assigned to Norfolk to start the season and I would not at all be surprised to see him at least start the season in the AAA rotation.

Valid point. He's not necessarily a lock to break camp with the team if he doesn't beat out Norris as a starter and the O's decide to keep three out of options guys over him in the bullpen so he can continue to work as a starter at Norfolk. I'll edit it.

Suk-Min Yoon threw his first bullpen yesterday. No official word yet on wether he'll be evaluated as starter or reliever this Spring. I'd assume he'll initially be evaluated as a starter based on Duquettes comments to the press -2/21

Heard Buck on the radio a few days ago say they will start him out as a starter.

I would assume he goes to AAA to get some exp against AAAA / MLB talent players.

With an agreement reached with Nelson Cruz over the weekend (and the signing expected to become official on Monday), the out of options OF/DH threesome of Nolan Reimold, Steve Pearce, and Delmon Young figure to face an uphill battle of making the team now. Realistically, only one of those guys will make the team barring injury, especially if Buck wants a left handed DH option in Urrutia - 2/23

Once the Cruz signing becomes official and a corresponding roster move is announced, I'll update the Spring Training Roster tracker accordingly - 2/23

Nelson Cruz signing has been made official. He will be added to the 40 man roster replacing left handed reliever Chris Jones who has been designated for assignment. - 2/24

• Upvote 1

Alexi Casilla left practice today and will reportedly sit out 2-3 days with a hamstring issue. Doesn't sound serious to me and probably just a precautionary measure. But, it could hamper his chances of making the team in the event that it becomes a "nagging injury"

MASN Roch notes:

- Cruz expected to debut this Saturday (3/1) vs Blue Jays

- Yoon working on visa; Won't see him in action until at least 3/5

- Jimenez likely to make first Spring start next Friday (3/7)

- Young Manuel's knee to be re-examined on 3/18

Schoop making a strong early impression with coaches. Still seems like a safe bet to return to Norfolk to begin the season but plans could change - 2/28

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Rumors and News

• Davis would say, "Thank you", and happily sit on the bench for $141,975 per game and eat sunflower seeds, then go home to his children and wife and enjoy his extravagant lifestyle. I mean, if he could not show up at the park at all, that would be even better as it'd save him several hours out of the day, and he could spend those hours with his kids or playing video games or something. But, eh, for $141,975, pretty much any human being would happily spend 4 to 8 hours at a baseball park, occasionally working out and taking batting practice and eating sunflower seeds.
    • I would consider them Top 100.  I was referring to a few of the others, though not a knock on their skill level either. I regret not being more specific. 
    • The second one is my area code.  
    • This has to be one of the most pathetic and disappointing games I've seen the Orioles play all season. Zero effort. How do you lose 11-1 to a pitcher as bad as Covey? How does Cobb, a guy we went out and acquired in FA, a starter we wanted to improve our rotation, basically give us an Ubaldo performance? If we keep getting terrible FA acquisitions and our tenured guys like Davis put in zero effort because they're guaranteed money, this team is not going to have a winning season again for like a decade. And they deserve every boo and criticism levied their way for it. All I can say is I hope Karma catches up to these players and management and that they suffer consequences for what they're putting Baltimore fans through, now and for the next several seasons at minimum.
    • The writing is pretty much on the wall.  I looked at Moose's "effort" post and was reminded of how many times over the years Jonesy's effort got this team wins.  No he's not a good CF - that's due to a lack of range, not effort.  He wants a World Series win real bad.  And it ain't happening here. The Orioles should give him the courtesy of a trade.  They won't get that much in return.  But they have to get all they can as part of a rebuild this season if they want to keep the upcoming losing years (plural) to a minimum. I will root for Jonesy on another team, because I am a big fan of his.  Unless.... it's the Yanks, Sawx, or Jays.  It makes me wonder which teams can use him for a playoff run, and I'd like the board's thoughts on the matter. Of course this all depends on the front office being competent enough to trade their veterans.  I would just like some hypotheticals.
    • 7.32, 7.03, 5.56, 7.56.  Those are the ERAs of the 4 O's pitcher's that pitched tonight (5/23/18).  And of course until recently we had a pitcher who pitched for us with an even worse ERA (10.46 by Tillman!).  Truly  pathetic.
    • Due to my age, I've never really gotten to experience a truly great Oriole. By the time I was old enough to watch intelligently, Ripken was a veteran with a bad back who missed games and often struggled. I only got to see a few seasons of Mussina before he was off to pinstripes.  The best Orioles baseball that I've really gotten to experience is a Brian Roberts, Erik Bedard, Melvin Mora type of player. So, my random thought is about how I am that guy who didn't see a movie, but nods and smiles when you all talk about players like Brooks. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now