Slade-OH

2014 Orioles Spring Training Tracker

52 posts in this topic

Had a nice ST debut against Rays. Doubled, walked, stole a base, and scored to runs - 2/28

Looked sharp against Rays. Retired side, struck out two. Working with Low 90's fastball and Low 60's Knuckler - 2/28

Game notes: Orioles beat Rays 4-2

Chris Tillman looks retires six of seven batters faced

Francisco Peguero, Steve Clevenger, Alex Gonzalez your early spring batting leaders with two-hit games

Mike Belfiore allows three straight two out hits in 7th; still has tiny fracture in pinky finger

- 2/28

Batted lead off today for Orioles. Possible candidate to do so in regular season. Went 1-for-2 with a single, walk, and strikeout. Stole a base and scored on Davis's RBI triple. Also made a nice diving catch in LF. Shades of McLouth anyone? - 3/1

Living on the Edge-mer, out of options and competing for a bullpen spot, not off to a good start. Allowed 5 earned runs, a walk, four hits, and a home run to Dan Johnson in his inning of work - 3/1

Yes, that's what I call him. Back-to-back multi hit games for a nice Spring start. 3-run triple today vs TOR; Out-of-options and has decent chance of making team - 3/1

Yea, went there. Steve off to a nice start. Worked two perfect innings against the Blue Jays starting lineup, striking out Joey Bats and Adam Lind - 3/1

Buck has stated in interviews that the ability to hit is nice, but the main separation factor in the backup catcher battle this Spring will be defensive abilities. Monell didn't control the run game too well today, allowing Anthony Gose to steal on him twice - 3/1

Updated through todays game vs BOS

Buck made some interesting comments about Delmon Young's potential role with the team after the game that are being discussed in this thread

Nolan dealing with a food poisoning which kept him out of today's action; Is seemingly healthy otherwise but doesn't look like he's in "baseball shape" yet; Would say Pearce and Young have a small leg up on him for now - 3/3

Made his Spring debut today; Pitched scoreless inning of relief with a strikeout; Many think the non-roster veteran who can fill a variety of roles has a favorable shot at claiming one of the bullpen spots currently up for grabs - 3/3

Buck likes his veterans and Alex Gonzo a 15-year vet appears to be in good shape again after missing most of the 2013 season. I'm changing his status to bubble because he has been seeing starts at 3B with the projected regulars and may have a shot at starting there on opening day if worse comes to worse and Machado has to start out on the DL - 3/3

Escalona to be shut down for at least three weeks with shoulder inflamation. Most likely he will start the year on the DL which could make it easier for him to get passed through waivers in April when he comes off.

Escalona to be shut down for at least three weeks with shoulder inflamation. Most likely he will start the year on the DL which could make it easier for him to get passed through waivers in April when he comes off.

Edge has been de-bolded from bubble status as a result. This news probably helps Stinson's chances of making the team.

Bundy's rehab process continues to progress nicely. First bullpen scheduled for 3/19