Slade-OH

2014 Orioles Spring Training Tracker

54 posts in this topic

Escalona to be shut down for at least three weeks with shoulder inflamation. Most likely he will start the year on the DL which could make it easier for him to get passed through waivers in April when he comes off.

Edge has been de-bolded from bubble status as a result. This news probably helps Stinson's chances of making the team.

Bundy's rehab process continues to progress nicely. First bullpen scheduled for 3/19

The unheralded non-roster invitee has been generating some positive press lately with his early performance. Should be interesting to see how many rounds of cuts he survives. Definite longshot to make the team but he's moving up the depth chart it seems.

First Round Of Cuts: Mike Belfiore, Nick Additon, and Tim Alderson. Expect more by Monday

Second Round Of Cuts: Chris Marrero (More to come later today)

Wight was re-assigned to minor league camp today and it has been confirmed by Buck that he will pitch in the AAA rotation

More Cuts: Prospects Tim Berry and Michael Ohlman optioned to AA. Brian Ward reassigned to minor league camp.

Spring Training roster down to 53

More cuts: Eddie Gamboa, Cord Phelps, and Julio Borbon have been reassigned to minor league camp.

ST roster down to 50. We still got 25 to go.

Huntzinger cut. Impressed this Soring, though. May see time in Baltimore later this year. More cuts coming later

E-Rod cut. Potential is there but judging on his Spring performance he's still a couple years away. He'll likely make opening day start for Bowie.

Ivan De Jesus, Jr. also cut. He'll likely play SS at Norfolk.

Camp roster down to 47

According to Roch Kubatko, Buck is expected to announce the opening day starter in the next few days and Roch believes Tillman will get the nod over Ubaldo.

Tracker updated through 3/13; O's expect more cuts tomorrow so stay tuned for that

Yooooon finally made his Spring debut today, pitching a scoreless inning of relief against the Yanks. After the game, Roche Kubatko reported that the Orioles plan on having begin the season at AAA. He has been de-bolded from bubble status.

Roch reported that Peguero will have a brace on his wrist for the next to weeks and is a likely DL candidate which takes him out of the race for a bench spot on opening day.

Britton has seen his stock rise this Spring and looks like a potential weapon out of the bullpen if he can keep showing consistent command of a mid 90's sinker. Considering he's out of options, I'm upgrading him to lock status. The only way he isn't on the opening day roster is if he's traded.