Bahama O's Fan

Schoop over Flaherty?

No, Schoop will be sent down for service time issues unless he goes on an absolute tear and stops getting picked off at 2nd base.

Schoop isn't ready, or at least doesn't look like he should be up at this point.

You could say the same for Flaherty, the question is why did anyone ever think he was ready for MLB in the first place?

Minus his fall down and pick off Schoop is showing something with the bat. I think they both have the potential to get hot. Maybe it is happening today.

Minus his fall down and pick off Schoop is showing something with the bat. I think they both have the potential to get hot. Maybe it is happening today.

Schoop has two doubles. That pick off was a rookie mistake. That happens and it probably will never happen again to him. I am more worried that Flaherty is stressing so much that he's gonna be in a funk for 100 ABs. He has two singles. One being a bunt that should have been a sac but bad fielding.

Schoop has two doubles. That pick off was a rookie mistake. That happens and it probably will never happen again to him. I am more worried that Flaherty is stressing so much that he's gonna be in a funk for 100 ABs. He has two singles. One being a bunt that should have been a sac but bad fielding.

Today is a laugher so far, the team needed a laugher. Against the Yankees it's ten times better.

Today is a laugher so far, the team needed a laugher. Against the Yankees it's ten times better.

Yes, yes it is. But I'll take it if the offense gets hot and stays hot for the next week.

Yes, yes it is. But I'll take it if the offense gets hot and stays hot for the next week.

Assuming Chen doesn't implode here. That would be the worst thing possible in the history of mankind to blow this lead.

Lombardozzi has clearly been the best option at 2B so far this season. However, it's only 8 games and a lot could change by the time Manny is ready to come back.

Who knows when Manny will be back. So far Schoop has done nothing to keep him up when and if Manny returns. But there seems to be plenty of time to change that. They'll keep Flaherty no matter what IMO. His defensive versatility is too useful.

Flaherty had some good AB's last game in Detroit and had a nice game today with two hits to LF, a lineout to the SS, and a beautiful bunt hit. Laying off the low breaking stuff too. Good signs.