Lester Freamon

2014 World Cup Brazil

I'm with Drungo, I didn't think yesterday's game was all that great. The Dutch had very little urgency. They didn't pressure the ball and they didn't move off the ball very well. Argentina seemed the more aggressive team and had the better chances. I think some of the credit (blame?) needs to go to the defensive players. They played well collectively, kept their shape, and denied guys like Messi and Robben from getting the ball in dangerous areas. Great defense like tight marking and keeping a strong line is hard to notice in real time.

I think Sunday's match should be excellent. I think both teams will go for it and there should be excitement. I can't see either team playing conservative.

The game was horrible. Both teams looked liked they wanted to lose so they didn't have to play Germany. Hopefully the Germans destroy Argentina today.

Wow, what a goal that was from Mario Goetze. Invisible all tournament, then he pulls that out. I'm beyond thrilled for Bastian Schweinsteiger, Philipp Lahm, Lukas Podolski, and Miroslav Klose in particular, who have been so important for this team through the years (well, not so much Poldi anymore, but the general point remains) and gotten so close so many times only to fall short in heartbreaking fashion. They've finally done it.

What a World Cup it was. It's basically consumed my life for the past month. I think the most deserving team won it, but boy I'm sorry it's over.

Tremendous game. Argentina really played sound defense and had some excellent count-attacks and acquitted themselves very well and had very real chances to score/win. Germany has been the best team and they were a bit overwhelming at the end. The cross between two defenders from Schurrle was sensational and the Goetze finish clinical. Germany has too many weapons. A great tournament.

Wow, what a goal that was from Mario Goetze. Invisible all tournament, then he pulls that out. I'm beyond thrilled for Bastian Schweinsteiger, Philipp Lahm, Lukas Podolski, and Miroslav Klose in particular, who have been so important for this team through the years (well, not so much Poldi anymore, but the general point remains) and gotten so close so many times only to fall short in heartbreaking fashion. They've finally done it.

What a World Cup it was. It's basically consumed my life for the past month. I think the most deserving team won it, but boy I'm sorry it's over.

Tremendous game. Argentina really played sound defense and had some excellent count-attacks and acquitted themselves very well and had very real chances to score/win. Germany has been the best team and they were a bit overwhelming at the end. The cross between two defenders from Schurrle was sensational and the Goetze finish clinical. Germany has too many weapons. A great tournament.

You guys just about summed it up for me. Great game, deserving champion, and a fantastic month of soccer. Plus I won my office pool.

Philipp Lahm has quit international football. What a gigantic loss for the German national team, he's irreplaceable. I know he's on the high side of 30, but he hasn't declined at all. I was expecting him to hang it up after Euro 2016, so this comes as a huge shock. My favorite player, I'm seriously bummed.