Lester Freamon

2014 World Cup Brazil

Spain looked dire. Tiki-taka doesn't work if you can't complete the passes, and they seemed slow and unable to cope with Chile's pressing. Diego Costa was useless up front, Iker Casillas was useless in the back. I think Del Bosque stuck too much with the older players and didn't adapt.

The Spanish national team reign ends a mere hour before that of King Juan Carlos. Poetic, or something. Viva Felipe VI?

I've rarely seen a team meltdown and disappear as completely as Cameroon against Croatia. After the red card it got ugly, and with a bit more luck it could have been 6 or 7-nil.

And of course as I'm explaining to my kids that Benoit Assou-Ekotto belongs to Spurs and may be back from loan to help shore up the defense next year, he headbutts his own teammate. What was that?!

Edited by DrungoHazewood

Costa Rica appears to be the real deal. It's not just been that they've won, but how they've won. 1-0 probably should have been more if the referee had any guts to make correct "big" calls.

Referees strike again, worst offside call of the tournament in BIH-NGR. Not totally sure about the foul non-call that preceded the Nigeria goal, but there was no possible argument about that blown offside on Dzeko.

Misimovich or however it is spelled for Bosnia had the worst game I've ever seen a professional footballer have, just dire today.

Referees strike again, worst offside call of the tournament in BIH-NGR. Not totally sure about the foul non-call that preceded the Nigeria goal, but there was no possible argument about that blown offside on Dzeko.

The real shame is that it took away a very nice goal. I felt a foul should have been called on the Nigeria goal. You can play on when players inadvertently clip feet. In that case Emenike somewhat initiated the contact. I didn't think it was a horrible non-call, but the ref didn't do Bosnia and favors.

I was impressed with Iran yesterday. They seemed to want it more than Argentina. They deserved a point at least. The reg didn't do them any favors either. He could have easily called a penalty against Zabaleta when he took down DeJagah.

Ghana looked really good yesterday. I think that makes the US victory look even better. It's disappointing that Germany couldn't get three points and given the US an easier path.

Great win by the O's today. Now I am seamlessly switching over to USMNT mode!

Dempsey moved up top and Zusi added to the starting 11 with Bedoya. So no Johanson or Wondo at the start.

I Believe!

Unbelievable. I am in shock.

So who knows the tie-breaker rules? Seems like we are still sitting pretty even if we lose to Germany which seems inevitable. We beat Ghana and Portugal still has an awful goal differential.

From what I understand, we advance unless we get embarrassed by Germany. Or, Portugal demolishes Ghana. Is that right?

Both Germany and the US are safe with a win or a draw. Portugal's goal differential is -4, so they are going to have to demolish Ghana to even be in this conversation. Ghana is the real danger to overtake if the US lose, since they are closest in GD (-1 for Ghana, +1 for US).

I'm frankly struggling to see this dreadful Portugal side beating Ghana. They have scored 2 goals this tournament, and only one of them was any good (Nani's goal off Cameron's horrific defensive miscue could have been scored by a U12, or Wayne Rooney). They will have Pepe back, but if Ghana use the same pace and 70 minutes of gegenpressing that they managed against Germany, Portugal will have a very hard time and there will be much screeching and whining from CR7.