Elbren

Marvel's Phase 3 Movies

CinemaBlend.com link

If one camp is to be believed, Marvel is a faceless, overbearing and villainous studio hellbent on ruining Edgar Wright?s creative vision by passing the script on to other writers and meddling at every turn. If the other camp is to be believed, Edgar Wright is an incompetent, self-absorbed buffoon who can?t take direction and can?t adhere to any deadlines.

James Gunn, director of Guardians of the Galaxy gives his opinions on the matter.

Sometimes you have friends in a relationship. You love each of them dearly as individuals and think they're amazing people. When they talk to you about their troubles, you do everything you can to support them, to keep them together, because if you love them both so much doesn't it make sense they should love each other? But little by little you realize, at heart, they aren't meant to be together - not because there's anything wrong with either of them, but they just don't have personalities that mesh in a comfortable way. They don't make each other happy. Although it's sad to see them split, when they do, you're surprisingly relieved, and excited to see where their lives take them next.

It's easy to try to make one party "right" and another party "wrong" when a breakup happens, but it often isn't that simple. Or perhaps it's even more simple than that - not everyone belongs in a relationship together. It doesn't mean they're not wonderful people.

And that's true of both Edgar Wright and Marvel. One of them isn't a person, but I think you get what I mean.

Marvel is still looking for a new director for Ant-Man, but it seems they've already found their director for Dr. Strange: Scott Derrickson, director of Sinister and The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

I am sure the director is very important but I am worried about the casting. Not thrilled with the choice for Ant-Man and the wrong guy playing Strange will kill it in the womb.

I am sure the director is very important but I am worried about the casting. Not thrilled with the choice for Ant-Man and the wrong guy playing Strange will kill it in the womb.

Marvel never messes up with casting. :)

10244241_ori.jpg

Adam McKay doctoring the script, Paul Rudd in the lead, capable comedy director (I liked Yes Man and The Break Up). I feel like it'll be ok. Dance scenes can't be shot much differently than action.

San Diego Comic-Con info

Patrick Wilson, Matt Gerard and Kevin Weisman are all no longer on the Ant-Man movie. Supposedly, both Gerard and Weisman's characters didn't make the cut in the newest version(s) of the script and Wilson had to drop out because of scheduling conflicts (due to movie production being delayed).

I found the last sentence of the article rather interesting.

Feige is always good for a few surprises though it seems doubtful he’ll be able to bring in Joaquin Phoenix, who’ll star in Marvel’s Doctor Strange film.

Has he been officially cast? I don't think I've read that anywhere. I really like him as an actor, but I'm not sure I can see him as Dr. Strange.

Also today.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Uh... It's Chimichanga Time. <a href="http://t.co/ZlknW4HOtj">pic.twitter.com/ZlknW4HOtj</a></p>— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) <a href="

">December 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>