EagleOriole

(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

o

(JULY 12th)

Roch Kubatko stated that Machado has reached base safely in 14 straight games since June 22nd. His numbers in that time frame are: .404 (batting average), .443 (on-base percentage), and .737 (OPS.)

The 14 consecutive games of reaching base safely is the third-longest stretch of Machado's (still very young) major league career.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/488018418092998658

I am know I will be accused of being "reactionary" but I have been thinking about posting this since Wednesday. Manny has to be moved up the order. At the very least he should be batting sixth. Hardy's power stats in the past year have been woeful.

I don't think it is a bad idea at all. I might wait a little bit longer with Pearce. I still like Davis at 5th, problems and all. I think at some point he will be back hitting 2nd.

I think Machado should bat fifth, and they should move Davis down to seventh. Maybe if he's batting seventh he'll get some better pitches to hit.

I'm not sure I follow. Why would he get better pitches to hit batting seventh as opposed to fifth?

I'm not sure I follow. Why would he get better pitches to hit batting seventh as opposed to fifth?

The opposing pitchers won't see him as much of a threat?

I'm all for moving manny up and Davis down.

It's past time to drop Davis in the order, he's under the Mendoza line for the entire first half of the season.

Drop him until he proves he deserves to hit higher.

Hell id be ok with platooning him at first with Pearce and sitting him against tough lefties and having Young DH.