Redskins Rick

Caps win and advance to Round 2

Time to take out Holtby give him rest. Pathetic performance so far in the 3rd.

Caps never make it easy. Going to have to win in NY now.

Well they didn't give up and made it a game again. Unfortunately they gave up too many easy goals to overcome the deficit.

Not been a good weekend for Hockey.

They never make it easy, do they?

9 times, they have been up 3-1 in playoff series and failed to get that game 4.

They got so close the other night, dang, just a minute to go.

Right or wrong' date=' Ovechkin's legacy is taking a hit.[/quote']

Thing about hockey is the best team doesn't always win a series. It's all about having a hot goalie (check for the Caps) and have a few bounces go your way (hockey gods hate the Caps.).

Gretzky won 4 all with the Oilers but he had like 3 other hall of famers with him. Ovie doesn't have a team like that. Good enough to win but like I said, need a few lucky bounces.

I really enjoyed watching this version of the Capitals. We were a deep and exciting team and I thought we out-worked the Rangers through large portions of the series including the third period and overtime in game seven. Kuznetzov had a great opportunity late in the third. No team looks better or plays more valiantly in defeat than my beloved Caps, but it always ends in defeat.

I think there is a good run ahead the next few years with AndreB and Kuz coming along and Holtby looks to be entering his prime to go with our better talent. Very hopeful that we shed Mike Green and add another quality defenseman to go along with Carlson, Niskanen, Orpik and Alzner.

Thank the Lord I am not a die-hard hockey fan. I can't imagine anything more aggravating than rooting passionately for the Caps. I'm a very casual fan, and I'm still very aggravated. It's amazing how this team loses every year in the playoffs either by (1) losing to an inferior team, (2) blowing a series lead, (3) losing close-out games at home, or (4) blowing a lead with only a couple of minutes to play. Methods 2, 3 and 4 were on display in this series.

Very hopeful that we shed Mike Green and add another quality defenseman to go along with Carlson, Niskanen, Orpik and Alzner.

But if we shed Green the penalty killing line won't get as many minutes :rolleyes:

Maybe I don't know hockey but Green seems useless. Was never a great defender and he doesn't score anymore. I think we can do without him and his stupid penalties.

Thank the Lord I am not a die-hard hockey fan. I can't imagine anything more aggravating than rooting passionately for the Caps. I'm a very casual fan, and I'm still very aggravated. It's amazing how this team loses every year in the playoffs either by (1) losing to an inferior team, (2) blowing a series lead, (3) losing close-out games at home, or (4) blowing a lead with only a couple of minutes to play. Methods 2, 3 and 4 were on display in this series.

I'm not a diehard fan either. I didn't pay much attention to the Caps until mid way through the Isles series. Just in time for them to break my heart again. I forgot why I stopped watching them I guess.

Thing about hockey is the best team doesn't always win a series. It's all about having a hot goalie (check for the Caps) and have a few bounces go your way (hockey gods hate the Caps.).

Gretzky won 4 all with the Oilers but he had like 3 other hall of famers with him. Ovie doesn't have a team like that. Good enough to win but like I said, need a few lucky bounces.

That's why I said right or wrong. Hopefully they can comeback next year and win it all and put all that other stuff to rest.