Sign in to follow this  
DrShorebird

Former Shorebird Eduardo Rodriquez to pitch against Orioles Tuesday Jun 9

If they gave him back, and you could trade him for a shot in the AL finals, wouldn't you do it?

I know he is not an Oriole but he was in the farm system and pitching against the Orioles tomorrow. Mods can move it if they want but I found some interesting things in the article.

Boston Globe:

Rodriguez was the player the Red Sox demanded from the Orioles in return for Miller July 31. The Red Sox had more than a dozen inquiries on Miller, who signed with the Yankees as a free agent this offseason after New York outbid Boston $36 million to $32 million over four years.

He came out smoking, consistently hitting 96-98 miles per hour. He had a good slider early, and a good two-seamer and changeup. He allowed a second-inning double to Josh Hamilton, but nobody else could touch him. While Rodriguez is not a finished product he still lacks a consistent third pitch, mostly a breaking ball he didn't seem to need it Thursday night.

Rodriguez was in Double A with the Orioles at this time last season. He wasn't exactly tearing things up and he had some family issues that were bringing him down a bit, according to an Orioles minor league staffer, but the raw ability was definitely there, even with command issues.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/05/28/eduardo-rodriguez-proved-was-worth-wait/64zHhlWjcfqrhtKVwJ6E8M/story.html

I hope we clobber him tomorrow. If he shuts us down that will be very bad for my psyche.

If that happens, I wont even brother to login here, the Nay Sayers will be all over this, with I told ya so.

I was completely fine with the trade because the kid just didn't look good here... now, if he didn't look good because we screwed him up that will drive me nuts. Hard watching Jake look good, too, especially while we're still getting nothing out of Bundy, Gausman, Harvey, etc. We desperately need to develop an ace soon.

I have to admit - I was for the trade at the time - never realized he had such a good fastball. It's stung to see his first 2 games. Really don't want to see him beat the O's.

I have to admit - I was for the trade at the time - never realized he had such a good fastball. It's stung to see his first 2 games. Really don't want to see him beat the O's.

Hard to tell what will happen with any pitcher. They had Strasburg after his first game with the strikeouts and dominance in the Hall of Fame. He might still make it but his career has not gone as the so called experts predicted. What will Bundy and Gausman become? Great,average or not too good? I think it was Andy MacPhail who said if you have five highly rated prospects and one becomes above average and one is average that is pretty good.

If that happens, I wont even brother to login here, the Nay Sayers will be all over this, with I told ya so.

What's funny is that the same people who say "I told ya so" were probably ecstatic when we acquired Miller last year.

E-Rod, has picked up his fastball for sure.

This is a Boston Scouting writeup on his fastball from July 2014:

Fastball: 92-94 mph. Has touched 97 mph. Plus fastball. Average command and control. Uses both side of the plate effectively. Fastball can be fairly straight and lack movement, but shows occasional arm-side tail.

Someday we will learn to not trade away young starters for half season rentals. Until that day, i will be in near constant mental pain.