Sports Guy

Upset thread

Not really. I could say at least my boys are still in the NCAA's. In reality only one team survives.

Well you just did say it.

They almost lost to a 15 seed and they were lucky to win that game. Anything could have happened in those last couple of seconds.

They play like that on Saturday and they are done.

Well you just did say it.

They almost lost to a 15 seed and they were lucky to win that game. Anything could have happened in those last couple of seconds.

They play like that on Saturday and they are done.

I agree they got lucky tonight.

Hahaha. You have got to be kidding me.

No, he's not kidding but it was a pathetic showing by Duke tonight and right now, i don't have much confidence in them advancing beyond the weekend.

Their game plan couldn't have been worse tonight.

I think that might end up being a good thing for Duke. A wakeup call perhaps? They weren't hitting their 3's like normal and they were out hustled for the most part. I was rooting for Belmont, but I think that could put Duke on track for the elite 8. Unless they play like that again.

I had 3 losses yesterday. Two easily avoidable ones in Oral Roberts and George Mason, plus Kent State who just didn't show up.

I had K-State over Wisconsin in the 2nd round.

I now believe WVU or Zona will beat Duke in the 2nd round.

BTW, nice showing from your boys SG.;)

Your boys showed up well in the NCAA tournament too!

Oh wait, nevermind.

I think that might end up being a good thing for Duke. A wakeup call perhaps? They weren't hitting their 3's like normal and they were out hustled for the most part. I was rooting for Belmont, but I think that could put Duke on track for the elite 8. Unless they play like that again.

I had 3 losses yesterday. Two easily avoidable ones in Oral Roberts and George Mason, plus Kent State who just didn't show up.

They (Duke) seemed like they were gassed late in the second half. That one guy for Belmont (player of the game, can't remember his name) was beating everyone off the dribble and they help defense was slow to react. Also they took a long time getting into their offensive sets. That surprised me because, traditionally, Duke has had well conditioned teams. Henderson put them on his back last night, they'll need to get more production out of everyone else because their draw is tough (WVU, Purdue/Xavier).

They (Duke) seemed like they were gassed late in the second half. That one guy for Belmont (player of the game, can't remember his name) was beating everyone off the dribble and they help defense was slow to react. Also they took a long time getting into their offensive sets. That surprised me because, traditionally, Duke has had well conditioned teams. Henderson put them on his back last night, they'll need to get more production out of everyone else because their draw is tough (WVU, Purdue/Xavier).
Duke is in great condition and they are gassed right now.

Almost every team in the ACC had a week off during the ACC season....except Duke(actually, not sure if any other team didn't have this but i don't think so).

Now, Duke had almost 3 weeks off around the Xmas break but that hasn't been recent. I think that has hurt them somewhat.

Also, their style of play lends you to getting gassed...Since they can't really get into too many half court sets and pound it down low, they don't really get to rest during the game.

Now, K has to get the bench involved more, especially Nolan Smith.

They also need to try to go inside.

The real problem for Duke lately has been defensively...They haven't been "in your face" the way they were earlier in the season...They haven't been creating the turnovers and turning them into fast break points.

If they aren't doing that and if they aren't shooting well from 3, they will struggle to win, as they did last night..If they get back to that and start shooting better, they are going to be tough to beat.

I think Duke wins big tomorrow, despite having West Virginia in my brackets. No way Ruoff and Nichols shoot like they did last night again tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong, but am afraid Duke wins easy on Saturday.

What an awesome first 4 games of the day!

American gave Tenn a real scare until late. Davidson pulled out an amazing win over Gonzaga, and what a ridiculously sweet finish to that Western Kentucky/Drake game.

I picked Davidson and Western Kentucky!

How about Rob Jones (Reverend Jim Jones grandson) coming up HUGE for San Diego as they are about to shock UCONN.

How about Rob Jones (Reverend Jim Jones grandson) coming up HUGE for San Diego as they are about to shock UCONN.

I wonder what the fans of that team drink...

That's got to be a hell of a story, though. Jones' son only escaped the mass suicide because the town's basketball team had gone to Georgetown (the capitol of Guyana, not the one San Diego could play if they make the championship game) to play in a tournament.

Gotta give UCONN credit to almost win that game even though Price got hurt.

Sucks UCONN lost though...They are my second sweet 16 team bounced thus far(USC being the other).

Gotta give UCONN credit to almost win that game even though Price got hurt.

Sucks UCONN lost though...They are my second sweet 16 team bounced thus far(USC being the other).

You won't lose any points there, I can't imagine many having Western Kentucky or San Diego advancing to the sweet 16. That was Connecticut's first round 1 loss under Calhoun. Impressive.