brianod

Manny!!!!

I'm all in, let's make him a life time O. Yes, this is totally reactionary but emotions are part of the game. The heck with Weiters, Chen and Davis. Show Manny the money and continue to build the minors.

I'm all in, let's make him a life time O. Yes, this is totally reactionary but emotions are part of the game. The heck with Weiters, Chen and Davis. Show Manny the money and continue to build the minors.

I'd much rather sign Manny long term than sign any of those others. He's a very special talent.

He certainly has made an impression the last two days.

I would give him a Stanton-like deal without hesitation. Players like him come along once in a generation for a team. He's going to cost a fortune but the Orioles have to pay him no matter how much it costs.

I'm not watching the game, because frankly, the ASG bores the snot out of me. I do agree with your post, however. Manny takes me back to my childhood, and I feel like I'm watching Brooks again, at least from a defensive standpoint. He's pretty special at the plate too. :D

HUGE second half coming up for Manny. He could finish with 40 HR the way he is hitting right now.

Manny's the real deal and so is Schoop to a lesser degree.

I'm not watching the game, because frankly, the ASG bores the snot out of me. I do agree with your post, however. Manny takes me back to my childhood, and I feel like I'm watching Brooks again, at least from a defensive standpoint. He's pretty special at the plate too. :D

Manny is better than Brooks offensively. Defensively, he needs to be more consistent.

I would give him a Stanton-like deal without hesitation. Players like him come along once in a generation for a team. He's going to cost a fortune but the Orioles have to pay him no matter how much it costs.

I'd make him turn down $200M+ this summer/offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd make him turn down $200M+ this summer/offseason.

I don't think $200 million will be enough. If Manny hits free agency after his six years are up, he's going to get $300 million easy. It'll take at least $250 if not $300 million to lock up unless he wants to settle for a lucrative four or five year deal so he can hit free agency after his age 27 or 28 season.

I don't think $200 million will be enough. If Manny hits free agency after his six years are up, he's going to get $300 million easy. It'll take at least $250 if not $300 million to lock up unless he wants to settle for a lucrative four or five year deal so he can hit free agency after his age 27 or 28 season.

Trout signed for under $150M for six years, buying out two FA years. Coming off two knee surgeries and three years away from FA, I think $200M will be tough to turn down.

Trout signed for under $150M for six years, buying out two FA years. Coming off two knee surgeries and three years away from FA, I think $200M will be tough to turn down.

When you say $200M, how many years are you talking about? 8 years? 10 years?

When you say $200M, how many years are you talking about? 8 years? 10 years?

Ten years is what I'd guarantee. That's pretty similar to Stanton during the first ten years. That would put him as a FA at 32. I'd also try to structure a combination of options for another 4,5 years. I'd put that on the table now, and make him turn it down and settle for a year of arbitration.

I wouldn't mind doing a Stanton-like deal for Manny. After watching him in the ASG, I am even more convinced that he's worth it. For those who didn't see it, Manny hit a 2 RBI double and scored later on a sac fly. He also made some terrific defensive plays that got the Fox commentators talking.