Going Underground

Manny Misses Fan Fest (Buck Not Happy).

I disagree. The FO's job is to promote the team. The players play.

If Britton did that, great. I just don't see it as mandatory. Also, he's got a legit reason for missing. Maybe you don't agree with it, but I don't see any reason to be upset.

I'm not upset.

I don't know of anyone that is "upset" about it.

It isn't important enough to be upset about.

But I would have been there.

And if you think the only job the players have is to play the game well, I disagree pretty strongly.

Ok. I'm sure you're just going to say "I'm a realist." But, are you going to tell me you haven't started multiple threads today being a downer?

You may characterize them as downers if you like. I think they were all legitimate questions/ideas. My agenda was not to be negative but to talk about things I wanted to discuss. You want something positive? I'm late to the part that I liked the Rule 5 pick. Is it my fault that I don't like how the off season is unfolding and what I'm hearing? I've been plenty positive in the past and defended the Orioles and Duquette on many occassions. I don't like what I'm seeing now and I'm saying so. Tough "you know what" if you don't like it.

I'm not upset.

And if you think the only job the players have is to play the game well, I disagree pretty strongly.

Ok. Substitute whatever word you would like for how you and RZ are reacting to this. I don't think there's any reason to ________.

It's a molehill of an issue, but let's turn it into a big deal.

Your'e right. However, I don't think the people who think he should have been are turning into a big deal. I think its the people defending him. No one is saying that he's a terrible person or should be punished in some way. He should have gone, IMO, and that's a weak excuse.

If it hadn't been mentioned in the press, would you have even known he wasn't there?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Yes,I would.Funny,Papelbon or Storen did not go to Natsfest. The one thing that is different when I first posted was that this is his brother-in laws wife.Not his brorher's wife or sister.I don't think I would get out from work for that.

If it hadn't been mentioned in the press, would you have even known he wasn't there?

The best player on the team? Yeah, I think his absence would be noticed.

I'm not upset.

Ideally, they should have to do more, good conduct clauses should have teeth, etc. But no...without even considering the number of outright criminals (e.g., drug users, domestic abusers) who've received sanctuary in pro sports...the only thing a player has to do, practically speaking, is be good at his game. And not help kill someone. Usually.

Ok. Substitute whatever word you would like for how you and RZ are reacting to this. I don't think there's any reason to ________.

respond to warorioles's posts.

Sure am glad I'm not a member of the old boys club. Do people really think all families are the same and one size fits all. I don't even know the names of all my nieces and nephews, let alone being there for any of their births. I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters. But I wouldn't presume to apply my family circumstances to any one else. If Manny is close to his wife's family then who am I to judge him. I don't read minds like apparently some here presume to do.

Exactly right.

No. Because personally, I could care less about FanFest. However, the Orioles organization and it's fans think it's pretty important.

No. Because personally, I could care less about FanFest. However, the Orioles organization and it's fans think it's pretty important.

I knew it bothered you.

You have nothing to do with it. It's not your choice. It's his choice.

My point is that I care much less about Fan Fest than the games he plays.

I'ts his choice to play each game and it's his choice to go or not to go to FanFest. I think it's great that played all 162 games. I don't think playing 162 games gives you a free pass to pass up something else the team thinks is important to it and it's fans. One has nothing to do with the other. He can play 162 games and go to FanFest. He doesn't have to make a choice between the two.