Sign in to follow this  
tntoriole

Miguel Tejada bankruptcy

Maybe that is why he still plays in the Mexican league? I thought it was for his love of the game but maybe he's looking for anyway to earn some money.

You would think he could find some sort of MLB organizational job.

Sad. Very sad. I hope he finds a way to get back on his feet and perhaps an MLB related job as mentioned.

My jaw is dropping over that house AND the setting. Very, very nice.

In other sad news, Brian Roberts' mother died on February 10th. I think the funeral was Saturday. He's from where I live now (he was born in Durham NC went to Chapel Hill schools and UNC) and a friend who works at a florist asked me "Who in the Orioles family recently died?" and I guessed it must be someone in the Roberts family. Her obituary is here.

• Upvote 1

I took a look at his bankruptcy filings. He actually has assets that exceed his liabilities by $1.5 mm or so, but they are not liquid so he filed the bankruptcy case to forestall a foreclosure proceeding on his Florida home. It still appears that he managed to dissipate almost all the money he made playing in the majors.

I took a look at his bankruptcy filings. He actually has assets that exceed his liabilities by $1.5 mm or so, but they are not liquid so he filed the bankruptcy case to forestall a foreclosure proceeding on his Florida home. It still appears that he managed to dissipate almost all the money he made playing in the majors.

It does look like the current value of his house is more than the purchase price. Like you said, it doesn't seem like he can actually sell it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/22/2016 at 9:37 AM, Frobby said:

https://www.amlu.com/2016/03/01/mlb-mvp-miguel-tejada-lists-ft-lauderdale-home-for-4m/

This old article, says he filed reportedly in 2015 bankruptcy, I thought the changes to the system, you couldn't repeatedly file like before. Article does also have lots of pictures of the place.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:57 AM, section18 said:

Would anyone like the Orioles to find a job for him in our minor league system that could help him?

Scouting department has some vacancies. :)

7 minutes ago, atomic said:

Nice house but the schools in that area are pretty crappy. I guess you have to send your kids to private school if you live there which is what I am doing now.  So I will pass. 

Great looking house. My kids are all grown, so I could care less about the schools.

I make a very good six figure salary, but not even close enough to swing the payments on 1.45 million.

So if you paid asking price and put 299K down, your payments would only be: 6237, of course, before taxes and insurance added in. :)

I think I found even more pictures on zillow

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11238-Greenspring-Ave-Lutherville-MD-21093/36350025_zpid/

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Great looking house. My kids are all grown, so I could care less about the schools.

I make a very good six figure salary, but not even close enough to swing the payments on 1.45 million.

So if you paid asking price and put 299K down, your payments would only be: 6237, of course, before taxes and insurance added in. :)

I think I found even more pictures on zillow

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11238-Greenspring-Ave-Lutherville-MD-21093/36350025_zpid/

Yeah I was kind of joking.  We could manage that house if we cut back on everything.  Like shopping at goodwill and  eating Ramen.   Vacationing in a tent, riding a bike to work, cutting my own hair. 

• Upvote 1