drdelaware

Dylan Bundy Thread

Command. He really didn't throw that many fastballs. If I recall correctly, he was throwing mostly change-ups and curveballs.

He wasn't hitting his corners. A lot of pitches. Struck out quite a few guys...but overall he looked like he did when he first started out as a reliever. Control/command issues.

Forsythe at bat was huge. I don't think he was pitching around him like Thorne thought. He didn't havs the kind of command to be pitching with bases loaded today.

Command. He really didn't throw that many fastballs. If I recall correctly, he was throwing mostly change-ups and curveballs.

He wasn't hitting his corners. A lot of pitches. Struck out quite a few guys...but overall he looked like he did when he first started out as a reliever. Control/command issues.

Post game show said only 48% fastballs. Guess he didn't like his feel for it today.

I said it in the game thread it might be wise to skip his next start and give him a rest. His lack of command could be fatigue given how many innings he's pitched this year.

Forsythe at bat was huge. I don't think he was pitching around him like Thorne thought. He didn't havs the kind of command to be pitching with bases loaded today.

Agreed.

As for that 2 run scoring single...it wasn't actually a bad pitch considering it was well off the plate. It was just stabbed at. That said it's an interesting approaching in a 3-2 count with the bases juiced. But...command, command, command.

I said it in the game thread it might be wise to skip his next start and give him a rest. His lack of command could be fatigue given how many innings he's pitched this year.

And/or, now that Tillman is back, they could make sure that Bundy gets an extra days' rest each and every time for the rest of the season, without fail.

And while doing so, I would make sure that Tillman and Gausman were the least inconvenienced by any change in schedule ........ in other words, in the effort of keeping Bundy on at least 5 days' rest each and every time from here on out, keep Tillman and Gausman on whatever their set schedules would have been otherwise, and shuffle the starts of Miley, Jimenez, and Gallardo if that's what it takes to keep Bundy on his extra rest schedule.

And/or, now that Tillman is back, they could make sure that Bundy gets an extra days' rest each and every time for the rest of the season, without fail.

And while doing so, I would make sure that Tillman and Gausman were the least inconvenienced by any change in schedule ........ in other words, in the effort of keeping Bundy on at least 5 days' rest each and every time from here on out, keep Tillman and Gausman on whatever their set schedules would have been otherwise, and shuffle the starts of Miley, Jimenez, and Gallardo if that's what it takes to keep Bundy on his extra rest schedule.

This is exactly what I propose. Tillman and Gausman every 5 days, Bundy every 6 days, skip/spot start the other guys to make the days work. I worked it all out on the "Skip Miley" thread. Buck just needs to make it happen.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/154657-Skip-Miley-Start-Ubaldo-DET/page3

• Upvote 1

I am very disappointed in Dylan today, that was a sweep in the making. Yet, he is my third starter over the current crop.

I am SURE he is not happy either. O's will still prevail...at least make a playoff appearance.

I posed this question in another thread topic but why not go to a 6-man rotation? We have to be watching Tillman's pitch count in addition. Just a thought.

Buck has always eluded to it. Maybe now is the right time to implement.

I'd like to skip Miley and Gallardo as much as possible as long as Gausman and Tillman are pitching well on regular rest.

I am very disappointed in Dylan today' date=' that was a sweep in the making. Yet, he is my third starter over the current crop.

I am SURE he is not happy either. O's will still prevail...at least make a playoff appearance.[/quote']

I could see Bundy was basically livid during the interview with Gary.'i didnt do my job' was his quote.This kid will be fine. Hes tired but hes going to be special.I just hope he has a little left for this year.

o

Dylan Bundy's 2016 season has been one of major evolution.

He started the season as a player that was only on the Major League roster because of the fact that he was out of options.

He was shaky out of the bullpen early on.

Then the Orioles put him in a special role of being a long reliever pitching at least 2 innings at a time, and with at least 3 or 4 days' rest in between outings ...... and in that role, he was dominant.

Then, he was inserted into the starting rotation. After getting KO'd in his first outing as a starter, he had numerous dominant outings after that, which have been mixed with mediocre outings as of late. Subsequently, it has become pretty clear that Bundy (at least for this season) really should be getting at least 5 days' rest in between starts.

Bundy has really come along way since the start of the season, when he was only on the Major League roster because he was out of options, and the Orioles did not want to chance losing him by DFA'ing him ........ a VERY LONG WAY since then.

He has come a long way. And kudos to Bundy for the work ethic. Hopefully the O's play it safe the rest of this year with him at all possible. Give him some extra rest.

His last 5 starts: .289/.395/.515 - .910 OPS, 6.46 ERA, 4 2/3 IP per start, 5.7 BB/9, 2.3 HR/9, 1.817 WHIP, 9.1 SO/9, 10.7 H/9

The command is the main issue lately. The 5.7 BB/9 in his last 5 starts is in stark contrast to his first 6 games started where he only walked 8 batters in 32 2/3 IP (2.2 BB/9).

I can't say one way or another if it's related to fatigue. But if it is...I'm not so sure it's wise to keep running him out there. Especially not every 5 days.

o

16 OUTS: 6 Groundouts, 4 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 2 Foulouts, 1 Popout

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY oo (vs. RED SOX, 9/13)

IP:l 5.33

H:;; 6 ll(1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB:)4

SO:)4

Pitches: 95 (61 Strikes, 34 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.88

PITCHES BY INNING

12 (10 Strikes, 21 Balls)

33 (18 Strikes, 15 Balls)

12 (10 Strikes, 21 Balls)

18 (12 Strikes, 61 Balls)

11 (81 Strikes, 31 Balls)

91 (31 Strikes, 61 Balls) *

* Bundy recorded 1 out before departing in the 6th inning.

Yeah, I'll take that performance against the Red Sox any night.

A win tomorrow would be huge going into an 11 game homestand with 7 games against last place teams.