weams

2016 Oriole Draft Tracker

Nothing surprising here. If Palmeiro is taking a physical then a deal will get done. Once there was no money left there was no way that Blohm was going to signh and honestly, going to college for him is probably the right move at this juncture. I think he will end up a good one three years from now but it's probably in his best interest to head to College Park for 3 years and see where he's at. As for Bonilla, I'd give him a $10K bonus offer and tell him every week after 15 July it goes down $1K. Either he wants to pitch professionally or not. There's a reason he was 12th round pick and although there's some upside because of the velocity, it doesn't justify giving a 22-year old with no leverage anything more.

I was really holding out for Benjamin Brecht...

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2016/07/14/draft-update-blohm-will-go-college-palmeiro-unsigned-friday-deadline-looms/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Among those the club will not be signing is 17th round pick Tyler Blohm, a left-handed pitcher from Baltimore-area baseball powerhouse Archbishop Spalding. Blohm will honor his scholarship to the University of Maryland, Rajsich said.

Deadline is at 5PM EST, I hated the old midnight deadline.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Four unsigned in top 10 rds, deadline 5 pm ET Fri: Garrett (Fla/1st), Lodolo (Pit/supp 1st), Palmeiro (Bal/7th), Buffett (Hou/7th) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBDraft">@MLBDraft</a></p>— Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) <a href="

">July 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And the Orioles have until next draft to sign Bonilla.

This draft is looking really good so far.  Hays is all the way in Bowie now.  Akin has turned it around in A+.  Myers and Haniffee have had impressive debuts.  Palmeiro is close to an .800 OPS in Delmarva.  Bonilla had a good debut.  Jake Ring has been mashing in Delmarva.  We still haven't seen Torres yet.  

Only Sedlock and Dietz are the letdowns so far.  Wish we would've signed Blohm away from UMD.  

On 6/24/2017 at 12:20 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

This draft is looking really good so far.  Hays is all the way in Bowie now.  Akin has turned it around in A+.  Myers and Haniffee have had impressive debuts.  Palmeiro is close to an .800 OPS in Delmarva.  Bonilla had a good debut.  Jake Ring has been mashing in Delmarva.  We still haven't seen Torres yet.  

Only Sedlock and Dietz are the letdowns so far.  Wish we would've signed Blohm away from UMD.  

I'd throw Torres in the dissapointment catagory, but he's 20