ChrisAF79

Cliff Lee

Is this guy having an insane year thus far or what? After throwing 7 scoreless innings against the Yankees tonight, his ERA now sits at a miniscule .81! 39 K's and just 2 BB's in 44 2/3 innings!

There's no way he keeps this pace up, but it's been incredible to watch so far.

Is this guy having an insane year thus far or what? After throwing 7 scoreless innings against the Yankees tonight, his ERA now sits at a miniscule .81! 39 K's and just 2 BB's in 44 2/3 innings!

There's no way he keeps this pace up, but it's been incredible to watch so far.

It was amazing watching him attack the plate tonight against the Sox. Some of our pitchers could benefit from watching how to attack the plate. It's a heck of a lot easier to pitch when you are ahead in the count. At one point tonight Lee had 71 pitches thrown, and he had thrown 54 of them for strikes.

It was amazing watching him attack the plate tonight against the Sox. Some of our pitchers could benefit from watching how to attack the plate. It's a heck of a lot easier to pitch when you are ahead in the count. At one point tonight Lee had 71 pitches thrown, and he had thrown 54 of them for strikes.

Yeah, it was definitely fun watching him tonight. He has been extremely impressive.

What impressed me the most is that you would assume someone with those stats would hardly face adversity. In the middle innings he had Yankees all over the base path's and in scoring position but in a 3-0 game, well in reach by the Yankees, he manned up and got out of jams consistently. I really think he's the real deal, although these #'s are obviously not sustainable.

Even more amazing when you consider he was pitching against the Yankees, not the Sox. :scratchchinhmm:

Did the flip switch on with him or what? Makes you wonder what happens when you stick with young, talented guys who haven't put it together yet.

Wellllll...he has been pretty good in the past though. He was 46-24 from 2004-06, including going 18-5 with a 3.79 ERA in 05. He just completely lost his location last season. He was even a little shaky in spring training, but he certainly has everything working right now.

Guest JChav

I mean holy hell!!

20:1 K:BB?!?!?!?!

Despite his red- no, white- hot start, the Indians have an identical record to us. This is a big if but if they're still kicking around .500 at the deadline, Cliff Lee could be considerable competition for any potential DCab trade.

Then again, we DID manage to snooker the Mariners in comparison to what the Twins got out of the Mets for Santana... I dunno, just random speculation!

Cliff Lee threw nine innings of shutout ball against the Blue Jays, but didn't factor into the decision as the Indians lost on Monday night.

The Indians managed just two hits in Lee's nine innings, but the impressive outing lowers his ERA to 0.67 on the season. It's seems likely that Lee will post career numbers this season, but it'd be mind-altering if he sustained this level of success. He makes a prime sell-high candidate.

This is insane. If the Indians sell high they will cash in like WOAH.

Good lord. And here I thought my post was going to jinx him. This is just incredible right now. In his 7 starts thus far, he's shutout the opposing team in 5 of them.

Any chance the Indians make him available at the deadline? Especially if they're not contending?

Not to sound like a broken record, but I think that'd benefit DCab's trade value too.

/just sayin'

Wonder what he's changed now that he wasn't using in the past.

Can't remember a pitcher being so hot in a long, long time.

Brandon Webb in July/August 2007 comes to mind. Although he did do it in the NL West.