Stotle

Report from Tim Tebow MLB Workout

80 is tops on the scale

(Te bowing) :clap3:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tim Tebow hit the fourth BP pitch to where I circled the red-dot... uh huh... <a href="https://t.co/9Om5gHnA5R">pic.twitter.com/9Om5gHnA5R</a></p>— Taylor Blake Ward (@TaylorBlakeWard) <a href="

">August 30, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting that a running QB has a poor arm, with mediocre speed.

Everything I've read has said the scouts rated him as plus power and speed........with the other 'three tools' being below average.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tim Tebow's MLB workout was ... fine.<a href="https://t.co/Nyu9m1fKL6">https://t.co/Nyu9m1fKL6</a> <a href="https://t.co/nNDwuP0qJw">pic.twitter.com/nNDwuP0qJw</a></p>— SB Nation (@SBNation) <a href="

">August 31, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So it sounds like he's something like a 40 hit tool, 45 arm, 70 power, 55 speed, 40-something fielding. From long hours playing OOTP with the 20-80 scouting ratings turned on that kind of player settles in somewhere in the Korea/Indy Ball/Mexico/Japan continuum as a DH/LFer.

So it sounds like he's something like a 40 hit tool, 45 arm, 70 power, 55 speed, 40-something fielding. From long hours playing OOTP with the 20-80 scouting ratings turned on that kind of player settles in somewhere in the Korea/Indy Ball/Mexico/Japan continuum as a DH/LFer.

But when they take a decade off?

But when they take a decade off?

Sample size in all MLB history = like, three. So who knows?

Edit: Turned out okay for Roy Hobbs in the movies, not as much in the book. Plus he was more like 70/80/60/50/60.

Wasn't he playing competitive tackle football most of that time? And don't most NFL players require help walking and possibly recognizing their families by age 40?

I doubt the word is most.

I met George Stark a couple of years ago, and for as long as he played, he is extremely healthy, and he will be the first to tell you that he is one of the lucky one.

I also met Roy Jefferson at that same function, and the man is healthy and doing good, but he also has had double hip replacements, double knee replaced and jokes about being the bionic man.

I doubt the word is most.

I met George Stark a couple of years ago, and for as long as he played, he is extremely healthy, and he will be the first to tell you that he is one of the lucky one.

I also met Roy Jefferson at that same function, and the man is healthy and doing good, but he also has had double hip replacements, double knee replaced and jokes about being the bionic man.

My definition of healthy and doing good doesn't include double knee and hip replacement. Probably fits into that category of requiring help to walk.