Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Can_of_corn

2005 WaPo Piece on Ponson

9 posts in this topic

On 2/3/2017 at 6:46 AM, weams said:

Ponson territory.

Pirates third baseman Jung Ho Kang earned his third DUI arrest in South Korea in December

And has checked into rehab and will likely miss the start of spring training (as well as losing his spot on the Korean WBC team).

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And has checked into rehab and will likely miss the start of spring training (as well as losing his spot on the Korean WBC team).

I was surprised to find out he waited that long to go into rehab.  I would have thought it would have happened shortly after the arrest.

All too typical case of a guy with a million dollar arm and ten cent head....

Were the details of the financial settlement with the Orioles ever released? They terminated his contract and Ponson appealed. I'm pretty sure there was a hush hush settlement, but maybe some details leaked? I can't find anything. 

3 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Were the details of the financial settlement with the Orioles ever released? They terminated his contract and Ponson appealed. I'm pretty sure there was a hush hush settlement, but maybe some details leaked? I can't find anything. 

I've never seen a figure. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rumors and News

• A few thoughts.  Britton, if healthy, to the Nationals seems like a perfect fit.    Even though starting pitching is our greatest need, we must focus on best prospect available.   Britton for Victor Robles and a good pitching prospect like Fedde works for me.    However, I would also be okay with taking Robles and just a good bullpen arm like Koda Glover.   One strategy I think is possible with Machado is a two pronged approach.   We should be playing the Yankees and Boston off against each other.   Both will be in the playoffs.   Both have holes at 3B.    It will not only help the team that gets Machado but it will hurt the team that doesn't get him.   I would try to create a competition bidding war between the two teams.    I would also try to tie in Chris Davis to a Machado trade which, of course could hurt the haul coming back.   However, either team can use him at 1B/DH for this year again, assuming he gets back healthy and in time.     The main target on in the Yankees farm system would be Gleyber Torres with a pitching prospect like Chance Adams involved.    The main target on the Red Sox would be Rafael Devers with a pitching prospect involved as well. The Orioles future team in 2019 might be something like this. 1B Mancini 2B Schoop or Mountcastle  SS Gleyber Torres or ???? 3B Schoop or Devers C  Sisco  LF Robles  CF Mullins RF Hays DH Santander   (Trumbo dumped)   Pitching Bundy  and a lot of question marks which is what we have now.
    • I don't know to be honest with you. I've never liked Duquette or his Shuttle Mentality in micro-managing a roster. As for Buck, I believe he was the right man for the job back in 2011 but his shelf life has expired. I'm extremely concerned about 2019 and beyond. I am firmly in the Blow It Up Now camp.
    • Matos especially. 
    • Oh. So many times. I meant KC at the beach bar though. Todd was everywhere in my youth.
    • I don't know where this came from.  
    • I saw him playing a beach bar a few years back. 
  • Popular Contributors