Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

2017 Washington Nationals

I read yesterday that the Nats had played only 46 games against teams with a winning record all season.    They have three with the Dodgers this weekend that will bring the total to 49.     Then they finish the season with 13 games against Atlanta, NY Mets, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Aoparently, Cleveland has played even fewer games against winning teams.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I read yesterday that the Nats had played only 46 games against teams with a winning record all season.    They have three with the Dodgers this weekend that will bring the total to 49.     Then they finish the season with 13 games against Atlanta, NY Mets, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Aoparently, Cleveland has played even fewer games against winning teams.

Does that mean games against teams that currently have a winning record, or teams that had a winning record at the time the Nationals played them? That changes the calculus. For instance, the Nats played four games against the Orioles, who had a winning record at the time of those games but have a losing record now.

4 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

Does that mean games against teams that currently have a winning record, or teams that had a winning record at the time the Nationals played them? That changes the calculus. For instance, the Nats played four games against the Orioles, who had a winning record at the time of those games but have a losing record now.

I don't know, but suspect they meant have a winning record as of now.    Assuming that's the case, I think the point still stands.    Overall record at the end is more significant than what the opponents records were at the time, IMO.

On 5/15/2017 at 4:27 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Real or Not? Nationals' Bullpen Hits Panic Mode

(By David Schoenfield)

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/79489/real-or-not-nationals-bullpen-hits-panic-mode-julio-urias-not-yet-a-star

o

o

(FIVE MONTHS LATER)

'This Game is Cruel Sometimes': Chicago Cubs Beat Washington Nationals 9-8 in NLDS

(By Howard Fendrich)

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/10/13/this-games-cruel-sometimes-chicago-cubs-beat-washington-nationals-9-8-in-nlds

o

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:02 AM, Frobby said:

The Nats are 55-25 when Wieters starts, 10-19 when he doesn't.   

I'm still pissed about not resigning him.

That’s a shame, in my opinion.    The Lerners have gone through a lot of managers since buying the team.   Five full-time managers and one interim in the last 8 years. Good luck to the next guy.

The Nationals knew exactly what they were getting with Dusty when they hired him.  He has delivered exactly as he has for four other organizations - playoffs, no World Series.  Personally I would have hired Bud Black instead of Dusty.   

4 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

The Nats will not bring back Dusty Baker as well as his entire coaching staff.

I know they state that they have released the entire coaching staff, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some or a bunch return.  Especially Maddox.