Tony-OH

Orioles 2008 Draft coverage Overview discussion

Here's how we'll handle this year's coverage on the message board:

First, we'll have a general discussion thread during the draft which will be this thread.

For every Orioles pick, an individual thread will be given to that player where everyone can do their magic and research the heck of the guy.

Opinions, information, links, pictures, videos, it's all fair game in the player's draft thread.

This will be a great way to gather all the information available about the Orioles new draft picks....

I plan on being at the Camden Yards for the draft and will post comments from Jordan and MacPhail in these threads...

I'll be posting a front page draft coverage notice that will point to this forum.

Let's have fun with this. I know I'm looking forward to watching the poer of the Hangout community shine.

So who's taking off work??? :D

First, we'll have a general discussion thread during the draft which will be this thread.

For every Orioles pick, an individual thread will be given to that player where everyone can do their magic and research the heck of the guy.

Opinions, information, links, pictures, videos, it's all fair game in the player's draft thread.

This will be a great way to gather all the information available about the Orioles new draft picks....

I plan on being at the Camden Yards for the draft and will post comments from Jordan and MacPhail in these threads...

I'll be posting a front page draft coverage notice that will point to this forum.

Let's have fun with this. I know I'm looking forward to watching the poer of the Hangout community shine.

I am strongly considering it.

The last three years I've been fortunate enough to have off work the day of the draft. Hopefully I'll be as lucky this year. I always look forward to the draft to see what players the O's have selected to help turn this franchise around. Here's hoping JJ has another banner draft.

I'm off now and will be for a couple of months finishing my novel. Lucky me. :D

I'd love to have an ESPN2 draft day party... that would rock! :)

Thanks again Tony, this site is the best around.

When is the draft? I work Saturday mornings, but if it starts around 3 I might be able to catch it. I know the whole thing only lasts about 17 minutes...

That's awesome! Be nice to get comments directly from them....I think I am going to leave work early that day.

Well, tell me, how much does this suck? My son's class is going to NY for their 4TH GRADE TRIP, and I've been asked to be a chaperone. As an incentive, they promise to give you half off tuition until 10th grade in the school, and I need that. Basically, I'm missing the draft, totally and completely. I just learned today. Their hotel has a TV, so I'm going to try and sneak in a few hours to watch it.

I am off all day Thursday and until four on Friday. I've already informed my girlfriend that I may be slightly unavailable til Saturday. :excited:

Well, tell me, how much does this suck? My son's class is going to NY for their 4TH GRADE TRIP, and I've been asked to be a chaperone. As an incentive, they promise to give you half off tuition until 10th grade in the school, and I need that. Basically, I'm missing the draft, totally and completely. I just learned today. Their hotel has a TV, so I'm going to try and sneak in a few hours to watch it.

As expensive as private school is, you definitely should do it. I'd ask for it in writing ;)

I don't know how I do it. But every year for the last four years I have subconsciously taken the first and second day of the draft off from work. I must have it down to some instinct stuck in my primordial brain.:beerchug1::awesome:

I don't know how I do it. But every year for the last four years I have subconsciously taken the first and second day of the draft off from work. I must have it down to some instinct stuck in my primordial brain.:beerchug1::awesome:

Hehe, like adult hooky. :D

After all the analysis... after all the discussions... and after all the polls, mock drafts, occassionally heated exchanges and well, fun :)... the one thing I feel sure about is that we will be adding one fine young man into our organization. :clap: