Diehard_O's_Fan

Dear Rain Gods: Please rain tonight's game out.

1 minute ago, Rojo13 said:

Screwed? We are the ones that got screwed. We had our best pitcher going against a scrub they had scheduled who has a career 4.86 ERA. 

Can someone tell me who is in charge of deciding on the rainout? Is the home team or MLB? I think they 100% hosed us.

We 100% wanted to play this game. I'm thinking some funny business is going on. There is only a 15% chance of rain. It's a JOKE this game was rained out.

PS. The only reason the bullpen is taxed is because we have too many outfielders. Rickard needs to go down (Or Kim needs to be cut but I love Kim).

The home team usually decides, it stopped raining around 7:05. The nats have cancelled games when there is simply rain in the forecast and it ended up not raining at all.

4 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Hasn't been raining down here for nearly the last hour. Weather app (admittedly far from a sure thing) shows minimal/no chance of rain tonight. As someone else pointed out, they're playing in Bowie...

Just beyond pathetic.

That is pathetic. The game is rescheduled for 6/8. The O's will now play 20 straight days, 6/6 to 6/25.

10 minutes ago, Fuzzball22 said:

That is pathetic. The game is rescheduled for 6/8. The O's will now play 20 straight days, 6/6 to 6/25.

And the Nats have 29 in a row.

• Upvote 1

Hasn't rained a drop since 715...

I am curious if the league ever looks into this kind of thing, because it probably ought to. There was no compelling meteorological reason to postpone this game, and these games should be played when at all possible. Just makes you wonder what else may have been at play.

2 hours ago, TINSTAAPP said:

June 8. The Nationals got majorly screwed. Oh well.

Considering they drive the decision on whether to call the game, I feel little sympathy for them.

I heard on the radio that part of the concern may have been puddles in the OF.  Wasn't draining.

11 hours ago, TINSTAAPP said:

They don't need a quality pitcher. They just need a guy who can come in and soak up innings without embarrassing himself so the bullpen isn't gassed out by the All-Star break. The Red Sox have a much better starting rotation than the Orioles yet even they are carrying 12 pitchers. It's hard to survive in this division with a 11-man pitching staff. 

The 10 day DL/plethora of optionable pitching depth/Buck's ability to game the system is why we are only carrying 11.

It might be a problem if we kept the same group of 11 the entire year but the constant cycling allows us to keep some modicum of freshness while playing the hand we get dealt.