Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wildcard

18 O's players eligible for the Rule 5 draft ....

Recommended Posts

if not placed on the major league roster this off season.   Its a pretty high number.

Norfolk

Yaz, Dosch, Sisco, Yacabonis, Kipper

Bowie

Wynns, Salcedo, A Rodriguez, Marin, Barker, Hess, Means, Scott, Long. Grimes

Frederick

Wilkerson, Hart, Rifaela

And that does not count Mullins who could be added later this season on performance.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Crazysilver03 said:

How would you rank them in importance of protection? I no longer pay attention to the minors so I only recognize a few of these names. 

Sisco, Scott and Mullins (if he keeps up his good work once he comes off the DL would be the no brainers. 

Yacabonis, Kipper, Wynns, Rodriguez, Salcedo and maybe Marin/Long are probably the next tier.

And then there's the rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wildcard said:

if not placed on the major league roster this off season.   Its a pretty high number.

Norfolk

Yaz, Dosch, Sisco, Yacabonis, Kipper

Bowie

Wynns, Salcedo, A Rodriguez, Marin, Braker, Hess, Means, Scott, Long. Grimes

Frederick

Wilkerson, Hart, Rifaela

And that does not count Mullins who could be added later this season on preformance.

 

 

I don't see them burning a 40 man slot for Mullins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't see them burning a 40 man slot for Mullins.

Well they burned one on Chricton, so who knows. Especially if they want his speed in September. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Crazysilver03 said:

How would you rank them in importance of protection? I no longer pay attention to the minors so I only recognize a few of these names. 

Rather than me ranking them here is how the O's rank them.

Sisco #1prospect

Scott #10

Clevenger #13

Means #24

Hess #27

Yacabonis #29

Notes: Kipper just joined the O's

Wynns is having a big year offensively and is considered a really good defensive catcher.

Josh Hart is a 22 year old #1 draft choice that has a 900 OPS in limited play at Frederick.  

Mullins is ranked #17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't see them burning a 40 man slot for Mullins.

If Mullins comes off the DL and starts hitting like he did before he was injured he has a chance to be up this year.  Especially if Rickard dos not hit any better that he has been. Rickard's option looms large if he does not hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wildcard said:

If Mullins comes off the DL and starts hitting like he did before he was injury he has a chance to be up this year.  Especially if Rickard dos not hit any better that he has been. Rickard's option looms large if he does not hit.

I understand the various scenarios.  I just don't think they will do it.  Wasn't stating it as a fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Mullins actually eligible based on years of service?

Dosch is a good third baseman, Wynns has good defense and has gotten better this year offensively. Marin has had a big bounce back with the bat. There is a chance for all 3 if they keep going the way they have this season. I don't want to see ant of them taken, but it's possible.

Yacabonis could be in the 40 before the end of the season. He only just recently allowed his first run of the season and, with pitchers dropping like flies, could be "next man up."

Yaz got a late start due to off season surgery and rehab, but has been doing really good. Depending what happens this season and injuries, there might be a spot for him in September. 

Wilkerson has only played a few games above Fredrick, so I wouldn't expect him to go. He's good though, but don't Rule 5 worthy.

Salcedo is good, but I don't see a team using a spot on him, same with Rodriguez, who has defensive issues.

Sisco and Scott are probably 40 spots. Though Sisco might not have many takers if he doesn't pick up his batting again and if his defense stays the way it is.

Everyone else, I wouldn't be worried about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wildcard said:

if not placed on the major league roster this off season.   Its a pretty high number.

Norfolk

Yaz, Dosch, Sisco, Yacabonis, Kipper

Bowie

Wynns, Salcedo, A Rodriguez, Marin, Braker, Hess, Means, Scott, Long. Grimes

Frederick

Wilkerson, Hart, Rifaela

And that does not count Mullins who could be added later this season on preformance.

 

 

Pretty easy.  You protect Sisco and Scott.    Those are definites.  Maybe Wynns and maybe Kipper.    No reason to protect anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Is Mullins actually eligible based on years of service?

Dosch is a good third baseman, Wynns has good defense and has gotten better this year offensively. Marin has had a big bounce back with the bat. There is a chance for all 3 if they keep going the way they have this season. I don't want to see ant of them taken, but it's possible.

Yacabonis could be in the 40 before the end of the season. He only just recently allowed his first run of the season and, with pitchers dropping like flies, could be "next man up."

Yaz got a late start due to off season surgery and rehab, but has been doing really good. Depending what happens this season and injuries, there might be a spot for him in September. 

Wilkerson has only played a few games above Fredrick, so I wouldn't expect him to go. He's good though, but don't Rule 5 worthy.

Salcedo is good, but I don't see a team using a spot on him, same with Rodriguez, who has defensive issues.

Sisco and Scott are probably 40 spots. Though Sisco might not have many takers if he doesn't pick up his batting again and if his defense stays the way it is.

Everyone else, I wouldn't be worried about.

Mullins is not eligible for the Rule 5 draft.  But he could get called up some time this season to replace Rickard if Mullins hits and Rickard doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Pretty easy.  You protect Sisco,  Scott, Mullins..    Those are definites.  Maybe Wynns and maybe Kipper.    No reason to protect anyone else.

Not that easy because there are a lot of games to play yet.   Some guys stock could go up and others down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Not that easy because there are a lot of games to play yet.   Some guys stock could go up and others down.

Based on right now, I think it's pretty easy.   Of course, it depends on how many spots we have open and how these players do the rest of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Mullins is not eligible for the Rule 5 draft.  But he could get called up some time this season to replace Rickard if Mullins hits and Rickard doesn't.

Hopefully that's Santanders role, assuming we still have him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Pretty easy.  You protect Sisco and Scott.    Those are definites.  Maybe Wynns and maybe Kipper.    No reason to protect anyone else.

Protect Yacabonis too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







  • Posts

    • That is up to Mullins.   He is on the 40 man roster.  He will be in ST.   If he hits well  at Norfolk then he could be promoted to the O's.
    • He should’ve. Probably would’ve lashed it for a double. 
    • I'll take a crack .....Harvey has a 97mph + fastball that's deemed plus and a plus curveball and Hader. Hader has a low 90s fastball with a lot of movement. The reason he's been so successful is that his slider drastically improved from 2017 to 2018 in regards to his control.
    • Agreed ...but he looked much better the last start as well.
    • Ponies Stave Off Baysox, 4-3 Ripken records first Double-A home run.   BOWIE, Md. – Andres Gimenez drove in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning to lead the Binghamton Rumble Ponies to a 4-3 win over the Bowie Baysox in front of 2,236 at Prince George's Stadium Tuesday night.   Bowie (39-20) jumped out to a quick lead with a run in the first inning. A double and a flared single put runners on the corners for Carlos Perez, who beat out a potential double play to drive in Ryan McKenna on a fielder's choice.    Binghamton (26-36) tied the game on a bases-loaded walk in the second inning and took a 2-1 lead on a throwing error from Perez in the third inning. The hosts, however, answered in the bottom half of the third.   RHP Zach Lee had retired nine in a row until Jesse Valentin flared a single to shallow right-center field. One pitch later, Ryan Ripken lined a missile off the top of the right field billboards for his first career Double-A home run and a 3-2 lead.    Gimenez launched his seventh home run of the season to right-center field to immediately re-tie the game in the fifth inning, and then put the guests ahead with a RBI single in the eighth inning off reliever Zach Muckenhirn.    The Baysox and Rumble Ponies conclude their season series Wednesday afternoon at 12:05 p.m., when RHP Cody Sedlock (1-1, 2.95 ERA) seeks his second straight win against RHP Tommy Wilson (4-5, 4.57 ERA) during Summer Camp Day at the ballpark.                                          
    • Frederick Keys News Release   For Immediate Release: August 20, 2019   KEYS AND NATIONALS SUSPENDED PSEUDO DOUBLEHEADER TO START WEDNESDAY AT FIVE FREDERICK, MD –The Frederick Keys and Potomac Nationals completed only half an inning before rain forced Tuesday night’s game to be suspended at Nymeo Field. At the time the game was suspended, Potomac had a 2-0 lead. Tuesday night’s game will resume on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m. with game two to follow. Frederick and Potomac will complete tonight’s nine-inning game before playing a seven-inning contest. Fans with tickets to Tuesday’s game can redeem their tickets from tonight’s game for any remaining 2019 regular season home game. Fans must make their ticket exchanges at the box office. Those with tickets to Wednesday night’s game will receive admission to both games.  Right-hander Ofelky Peralta (2-2, 5.40) will open the resumed game for the Keys against Potomac left-hander Tim Cate (4-4, 3.83). The Keys have not announced their starting pitcher for game two. Potomac will start right-hander Francys Peguero (0-0, 1.42). Both games will be broadcast on frederickkeys.com and the TuneIn app. Wednesday is Emergency Preparedness Night at the ballpark presented by The Division of Emergency Management. For ticket information, fans can visit frederickkeys.com. The Frederick Keys are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, and play their home games at Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium. Following the 2018 season, the Keys were named the winner of the Carolina League’s Complete Franchise Award. This goes to a team in the league which demonstrates franchise stability and significant contributions to its community and the league. In 2019, the team will host the Carolina League All-Star Classic presented by Visit Frederick. For more information about the Frederick Keys please contact Geoff Arnold by phone at (301)-815-9915 or by emailing at GArnold@FrederickKeys.com. www.FrederickKeys.com-                      
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...