Slade-OH

2017 4th round pick (128): Jack Conlon - RHP - Clements HS (TX)

5 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

According to the O's, he wasn't worth a 140k flyer.

True. But someone will. He is not a 1.2 million dollar free agent. THe market is not depressed for him.

18 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

According to the O's, he wasn't worth a 140k flyer.

I don't think that's accurate.  They knew he wouldn't accept the 140K so instead of offering it and forcing him to go back to school they foolishly did him a favor and let him become a free agent.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think that's accurate.  They knew he wouldn't accept the 140K so instead of offering it and forcing him to go back to school they foolishly did him a favor and let him become a free agent.

I mean that's one way to take it, but as far as I know (I haven't read anything from any team insiders saying that), the idea that they did it to be nice is just speculation.  

26 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I mean that's one way to take it, but as far as I know (I haven't read anything from any team insiders saying that), the idea that they did it to be nice is just speculation.  

Sure it is but how big a gulf would there have to be between the O's medical staff and the other teams for that not to be the case?

On 8/3/2017 at 9:04 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I might dispute this. 

Here's to hoping the kid can stay healthy and overcome the physical issues. As a father of a young DIV-I athlete who's career was cut short by injury, I understand the disappointment he must be going through. 

Hopefully he'll get whatever he has fixed have a few good seasons and get redrafted in three years.

• Upvote 2