weams

Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

Just now, mdbdotcom said:

Among 12 AL catchers with at least 200 AB, his 0.6 WAR this season ranks him above only Jonathon Lucroy, and his defense is far from extraordinary. Is there a club out there that needs him?

We should be giving him away

25 minutes ago, weams said:

Braves are getting involved.  Yankees want a package with Alonso.  If they get them, the price should be high.

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

Among 12 AL catchers with at least 200 AB, his 0.6 WAR this season ranks him above only Jonathon Lucroy, and his defense is far from extraordinary. Is there a club out there that needs him?

Rockies or Brewers for anything.

7 minutes ago, weams said:

He'd have to be available. Right?

For the right price. Probably too much for us to pay

13 hours ago, ISU94 said:

I love winning as much as anyone but is anyone also worried that getting a few wins here is going to hurt us long term? I mean, if we suck from here on out and don't deal Britton I'm going to chalk that up to teams just not willing to give a good price due to him not being 100% yet. But if we don't deal him and keep winning than its likely because PA thinks we can win again.

I think the bolded part is most likely the "truth," regardless of what our record is from here on out 

3 hours ago, pdiddy said:

https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/7/24/16023882/pat-connaughton-contract-trail-blazers-free-agency

Connaughton contract decision delayed until the end of August.  I was hoping he'd be in A ball by then.

Whats interesting is the Blazers just made a trade that saved them a ton of money (40M this year alone). They are now within a couple million of getting under the lux tax threshold and Patty C would save them about 600k. I wont be surprised if he gets waived

5 hours ago, pdiddy said:

https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/7/24/16023882/pat-connaughton-contract-trail-blazers-free-agency

Connaughton contract decision delayed until the end of August.  I was hoping he'd be in A ball by then.

Summer league is over, training camp doesn't start until late September.

NBA contract or not, could he show up in Sarasota and start some throwing, just so we could see what he's got?

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

NBA contract or not, could he show up in Sarasota and start some throwing, just so we could see what he's got?

Keep an eye on the twitter feed!  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It could be viewed as a lack of commitment toward basketball.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

It could be viewed as a lack of commitment toward basketball.

He is begging for an NBA career. He was the party who gave the window, not the other way. It was "If we have to decide today you are gone, but it's evolving. Do you want to wait another month?"

6 minutes ago, weams said:

He is begging for an NBA career. He was the party who gave the window, not the other way. It was "If we have to decide today you are gone, but it's evolving. Do you want to wait another month?"

That's how I read it. Makes sense from both sides. I think that even though they don't save a ton by cutting him, he's tying up a roster spot they might spend more $ on. Rumors of Carmelo (which I don't believe) trade would seem to point to them wanting as much flexibility as possible.

He's presumably rehabbing his leg injury so he likely won't throw any time soon.  I have to believe he's in better overall shape than 90% of the pitchers in the league otherwise.  

• Upvote 1