Jump to content
OriolesMagic83

O's trade for Hellickson

Recommended Posts

o

 

15 OUTS: ) 7 Flyouts, 4 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 1 Foulout

 

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON )))))) (vs. ATHLETICS, 8/13) 

IP:lll5 - PLUS

H:lll  5 )) (1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:llllll 6

BB:ll 2

SO:lll 4

Pitches: )l  65 )(43 )Strikes, )22 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 4.50

2017 WHIP: )l 1.111 )  18.00 Innings  (20 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .232 )  16 for 69

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

61 ll(5llStrikes, 1 lllBalls)

81 lll(7llStrikes, 1 llBalls)

10 lll(71 llStrikes, l 3 lllBalls)

25 lll(16 lllStrikes, . 9 lllBalls)

11 lll(7llStrikes, ll 4 lllBalls)

51 llll(1llStrikes, ll 4 lllBalls) ) *

 

* ) Hellickson did not record any outs before departing in the 6th inning.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

15 OUTS: ) 7 Flyouts, 4 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 1 Foulout

 

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON )))))) (vs. ATHLETICS, 8/13) 

IP:lll5 - PLUS

H:lll  5 )) (1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:llllll 6

BB:ll 2

SO:lll 4

Pitches: )l  65 )(43 )Strikes, )22 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 4.50

2017 WHIP: )l 1.111 )  18.00 Innings  (20 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .232 )  16 for 69

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

61 ll(5llStrikes, 1 lllBalls)

81 lll(7llStrikes, 1 llBalls)

10 lll(71 llStrikes, l 3 lllBalls)

25 lll(16 lllStrikes, . 9 lllBalls)

11 lll(7llStrikes, ll 4 lllBalls)

51 llll(1llStrikes, ll 4 lllBalls) ) *

 

* ) Hellickson did not record any outs before departing in the 6th inning.

 

o

He seemed like he had good stuff early on. Can't win them all I guess.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

He seemed like he had good stuff early on. Can't win them all I guess.

Yeah but he's awful & didn't win his last start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is about as good as Tyler Wilson, but Wilson was free.

Someday in a brave new world the O's will have good ownership and a competent FO. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

He is about as good as Tyler Wilson, but Wilson was free.

Someday in a brave new world the O's will have good ownership and a competent FO. 

This happens all the time. Tyler goes away to the minors and folks start romanticizing Tyler Wilson. Hellickson may not be any good, but I have unfortunately watched Tyler Wilson, and Hellickson is no Tyler Wilson.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

He seemed like he had good stuff early on. Can't win them all I guess.

No he can't. I am glad he is on the O's though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

No he can't. I am glad he is on the O's though.

It was kind off amazing how quickly things went pear shaped. That extra run in the fifth on a double, steal, sac fly was a particular twist of the knife. Getting lifted with such a low pitch count in a not exactly close game was also odd. Did Buck discuss that in the post game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

It was kind off amazing how quickly things went pear shaped. That extra run in the fifth on a double, steal, sac fly was a particular twist of the knife. Getting lifted with such a low pitch count in a not exactly close game was also odd. Did Buck discuss that in the post game?

I don't know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In his previous starts, Hellickson was pitching for the Dr. Jekyll Orioles. Today they were the Mr. Hyde Orioles. He may have thought he was back with the Phillies and freaked out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Davis certainly didn't help out yesterday. The ground ball that got buy him seemed a play he usually makes and the throw to the plate instead of getting the first out was 9 year old Little League IMO. Little things make a difference.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

He is about as good as Tyler Wilson, but Wilson was free.

Someday in a brave new world the O's will have good ownership and a competent FO. 

So that means Hellickson was the better deal because he enabled us to get rid of Kim's contract too. Calling Wilson up wouldn't have allowed us to get rid of Kim. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree with UpstateNYfan that Davis' plays hurt badly.  Extra outs are a usual component of big innings.  Perhaps he is taking his struggling offense out with him onto the field because that was not Gold Glove caliber play which the announcers are always blathering on about (not Palmer, he tells it like it is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DFA_SR said:

I totally agree with UpstateNYfan that Davis' plays hurt badly.  Extra outs are a usual component of big innings.  Perhaps he is taking his struggling offense out with him onto the field because that was not Gold Glove caliber play which the announcers are always blathering on about (not Palmer, he tells it like it is).

And this same kind of thing happened last year with Davis's defense.  Around the same time of the season, he made a lot of key foolish mistakes.  He makes some good plays, but when people call him a gold glove caliber 1st baseman, I change the station.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

14 OUTS: ) 5 Groundouts, 4 Lineouts, 3 Flyouts, 2 Strikeouts

 

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON )))))) (vs. ANGELS, 8/18) 

IP:ll4.67

H:lll 8 )) (5 Home Runs, 2 Doubles, 1 Single)

R:llll 7

BB:ll0

SO:ll2

Pitches: )l  84 )(54 )Strikes, )30 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 6.35

2017 WHIP: )l 1.235 )  22.67 Innings  (28 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .264 )  (24 for 91)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

23 ll(16 lStrikes, ll 7 l.Balls)

21 lll(13 llStrikes, ll 8 l.Balls)

11 lll(81 llStrikes, l. 3 llBalls)

10 lll(71 llStrikes, lll 3 llBalls)

19 ll.(10 llStrikes, ll 9 lllBalls) ) *

 

* ) Hellickson recorded 2 outs before departing in the 5th inning.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Rumors and News






  • Posts

    • It’s already so far out of touch, I doubt fans care if a player is making $20 mm/yr or $40 mm/yr.    They’re already in a whole other universe.   
    • First off, you were being condescending by making us sound like we were a no nothing blog, so stop with all of the hard-ache. Secondly, if you are in baseball and you don't take as many opinions as you can then I would look inward at yourself. Scouts outside the organization have zero to gain by down grading a player to us. The guys I talk to I've had relationships for years. They are an opinion to be added in with other opinions within the organization as well as our scouting. You are 100% correct that opinions are just that. I'm completely fine with anyone having a differing opinion than me, and I don't take offense at someone who says that they don't agree, but there is absolutely no need to disparage someone's opinion as being lesser because you don't agree. I've been doing this for 20 plus years. That doesn't make me infallible or never wrong, but I'll lay my process down against anyone including professional baseball people. That doesn't make me right, but it sure should mean I deserve a little respect and don't get called "blog pages ", whatever the heck that means. It doesn't matter what the team has in store. I feel his most likely outcome is a platoon outfielder because of his inability to hit lefties. Doesn't mean that he might not improve or a team might live with it and play him every day,   
    • That's a hell of a prediction.  These defenses font strike me as good enough for a game like that.   That said, I fully expect McCarthy to outcoach the ever loving hell out of Harbaugh.
    • 1965 = 4,658 / 1.77 1975 = 8,631 / 2.59 1985 = 16,823 / 5.66 1995 = 24,706 / 13.14 2013 = 44,888 / 23.89   Ref: http://roadsidephotos.sabr.org/baseball/earlyticketprices.htm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_Indexed_Monthly_Earnings
    • Hate this rule more than any other in baseball.
    • Must be traded during the season.  So next year Dan trades the pick to try and buoy a mediocre team.  The gambit fails but Dan tells us it's okay because they should have some picks coming from Manny and Jones walking.
    • Have to wonder where it ends? Huge supply of fans willing to spend their money, but how many more price increases are they willing to stomach before they just lose interest? Hard to re-ignite the flame once gone. I'm just guessing here, but it would seem to me that the price of a ticket and all the associated costs to attend pro sporting events has far outpaced the increase in wages in recent years (last 10-20 years?). Haven't done the research, just going off of gut feeling.
  • Popular Contributors

×