OriolesMagic83

O's trade for Hellickson

o

15 OUTS: ) 7 Flyouts, 4 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 1 Foulout

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON )))))) (vs. ATHLETICS, 8/13) 

IP:lll5 - PLUS

H:lll  5 )) (1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:llllll 6

BB:ll 2

SO:lll 4

Pitches: )l  65 )(43 )Strikes, )22 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 4.50

2017 WHIP: )l 1.111 )  18.00 Innings  (20 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .232 )  16 for 69

PITCHES BY INNING

61 ll(5llStrikes, 1 lllBalls)

81 lll(7llStrikes, 1 llBalls)

10 lll(71 llStrikes, l 3 lllBalls)

25 lll(16 lllStrikes, . 9 lllBalls)

11 lll(7llStrikes, ll 4 lllBalls)

51 llll(1llStrikes, ll 4 lllBalls) ) *

* ) Hellickson did not record any outs before departing in the 6th inning.

o

8 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

15 OUTS: ) 7 Flyouts, 4 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 1 Foulout

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON )))))) (vs. ATHLETICS, 8/13) 

IP:lll5 - PLUS

H:lll  5 )) (1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:llllll 6

BB:ll 2

SO:lll 4

Pitches: )l  65 )(43 )Strikes, )22 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 4.50

2017 WHIP: )l 1.111 )  18.00 Innings  (20 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .232 )  16 for 69

PITCHES BY INNING

61 ll(5llStrikes, 1 lllBalls)

81 lll(7llStrikes, 1 llBalls)

10 lll(71 llStrikes, l 3 lllBalls)

25 lll(16 lllStrikes, . 9 lllBalls)

11 lll(7llStrikes, ll 4 lllBalls)

51 llll(1llStrikes, ll 4 lllBalls) ) *

* ) Hellickson did not record any outs before departing in the 6th inning.

o

He seemed like he had good stuff early on. Can't win them all I guess.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Yeah but he's awful & didn't win his last start. 

He is about as good as Tyler Wilson, but Wilson was free.

Someday in a brave new world the O's will have good ownership and a competent FO. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Someday in a brave new world the O's will have good ownership and a competent FO. 

This happens all the time. Tyler goes away to the minors and folks start romanticizing Tyler Wilson. Hellickson may not be any good, but I have unfortunately watched Tyler Wilson, and Hellickson is no Tyler Wilson.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

No he can't. I am glad he is on the O's though.

7 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

No he can't. I am glad he is on the O's though.

It was kind off amazing how quickly things went pear shaped. That extra run in the fifth on a double, steal, sac fly was a particular twist of the knife. Getting lifted with such a low pitch count in a not exactly close game was also odd. Did Buck discuss that in the post game?

29 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

It was kind off amazing how quickly things went pear shaped. That extra run in the fifth on a double, steal, sac fly was a particular twist of the knife. Getting lifted with such a low pitch count in a not exactly close game was also odd. Did Buck discuss that in the post game?

I don't know. 

In his previous starts, Hellickson was pitching for the Dr. Jekyll Orioles. Today they were the Mr. Hyde Orioles. He may have thought he was back with the Phillies and freaked out.

• Upvote 1

Chris Davis certainly didn't help out yesterday. The ground ball that got buy him seemed a play he usually makes and the throw to the plate instead of getting the first out was 9 year old Little League IMO. Little things make a difference.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

So that means Hellickson was the better deal because he enabled us to get rid of Kim's contract too. Calling Wilson up wouldn't have allowed us to get rid of Kim. 

• Upvote 1

I totally agree with UpstateNYfan that Davis' plays hurt badly.  Extra outs are a usual component of big innings.  Perhaps he is taking his struggling offense out with him onto the field because that was not Gold Glove caliber play which the announcers are always blathering on about (not Palmer, he tells it like it is).

4 hours ago, DFA_SR said:

I totally agree with UpstateNYfan that Davis' plays hurt badly.  Extra outs are a usual component of big innings.  Perhaps he is taking his struggling offense out with him onto the field because that was not Gold Glove caliber play which the announcers are always blathering on about (not Palmer, he tells it like it is).

And this same kind of thing happened last year with Davis's defense.  Around the same time of the season, he made a lot of key foolish mistakes.  He makes some good plays, but when people call him a gold glove caliber 1st baseman, I change the station.   

o

14 OUTS: ) 5 Groundouts, 4 Lineouts, 3 Flyouts, 2 Strikeouts

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON )))))) (vs. ANGELS, 8/18) 

IP:ll4.67

H:lll 8 )) (5 Home Runs, 2 Doubles, 1 Single)

R:llll 7

BB:ll0

SO:ll2

Pitches: )l  84 )(54 )Strikes, )30 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 6.35

2017 WHIP: )l 1.235 )  22.67 Innings  (28 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .264 )  (24 for 91)

PITCHES BY INNING

23 ll(16 lStrikes, ll 7 l.Balls)

21 lll(13 llStrikes, ll 8 l.Balls)

11 lll(81 llStrikes, l. 3 llBalls)

10 lll(71 llStrikes, lll 3 llBalls)

19 ll.(10 llStrikes, ll 9 lllBalls) ) *

* ) Hellickson recorded 2 outs before departing in the 5th inning.

o