weams

Bridwell Or Hellickson

Hellickson or Bridwell  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Hellickson Or Bridwell

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 8/9/2017 at 23:43

Knowing everything that you do. One game. Money no issue. Who do you want on the mound tonight for the Orioles.

Simple A/B

Of course explain your choice below.

I believe that the Orioles know more about Parker's flaws. I believe that Hellickson keeps it under 5 runs given up. 

I believe the Orioles get Pizza. 

Hellickson, while he's been terrible this season, he has been fairly good in the past.  Bridwell's ERA success this year has been complete smoke and mirrors, and has never performed well at the major league level.  Hell, he wasn't ever particularly good in the minors.

32 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Hellickson, while he's been terrible this season, he has been fairly good in the past.  Bridwell's ERA success this year has been complete smoke and mirrors, and has never performed well at the major league level.  Hell, he wasn't ever particularly good in the minors.

He always had a nice arm. 

Hellickson. He's been around the block a few times. Has Bridwell ever faced a line up like the O's? Hellickson just has to worry about Trout.

9 minutes ago, weams said:

He always had a nice arm. 

Yeah, he was always a scouting over performance guy.  Those guys turn out eventually from time to time, maybe Bridwell will too, but he hasn't yet.

Hell Boy FTW - crafty righty, working for the next contract, pass the baton, QS possible, keep the BABIP under 3, big park for this FB hurler, give it to the D, work fast, spit, Big League Chew, show no emotions, make IA proud! 

It never ceases to amaze me, the minor league arms that get pressed into service in the majors. I'm surprised they are still pitching Bridwell. 

I love that we traded him away in the fashion of "How much is that doggie in the window?". :P

7 minutes ago, SteveO said:

I completely screwed that up. I did not mean to vote for Bridwell....doh sorry

Fixed it. 

I would have said Hellickson, but you said "on the mound for the Orioles."

In that case, I would rather take Bridwell. Hellickson is a fly ball pitcher, while Bridwell can keep it down and have a good defense help him out. Jones can only bring back the hits that aren't in the 12th row, but Machado-Beckham-Schoop-Davis can get some double and triple plays going to help.

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I would have said Hellickson, but you said "on the mound for the Orioles."

In that case, I would rather take Bridwell. Hellickson is a fly ball pitcher, while Bridwell can keep it down and have a good defense help him out. Jones can only bring back the hits that aren't in the 12th row, but Machado-Beckham-Schoop-Davis can get some double and triple plays going to help.

I said "tonight." But maybe Bridwell became a ground ball pitcher. 

I would go with Hellickson. Wasn't really impressed with Bridwell when I saw him pitch for the O's. But I would not give Hellickson anything more than 52-48 odds of winning this game.