Jump to content
Frobby

Friday nights at the horror show

Recommended Posts

The O's haven't won a Friday night game since June 2.    They are 0-10 since then.     The last two have involved blown saves by Givens and Brach.   One involved Gausman blowing a 6-0 lead.    Another involved O'Day surrendering a 3-run homer in the 10th.

Not part of the streak was blowing a 9-1 lead against the Yankees on a Friday night.  

I've had a lot of weekends getting off to a lousy start.    

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I always liked the black jersey but maybe it's a jinx?

I'd love it if they retired those for awhile. And the "O's" cap. Try out the Angry Bird. Hey, it worked for the resurrection of the cartoon bird. No losing seasons since. Yes, it's superstition, but superstition has a long history in the game. Players dare not jinx a no-hitter or perfect game by talking about it, do they?

Edited by NashLumber
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The O's haven't won a Friday night game since June 2.    They are 0-10 since then.     The last two have involved blown saves by Givens and Brach.   One involved Gausman blowing a 6-0 lead.    Another involved O'Day surrendering a 3-run homer in the 10th.

Not part of the streak was blowing a 9-1 lead against the Yankees on a Friday night.  

I've had a lot of weekends getting off to a lousy start.    

Wow Frobby I didn't realize the O's haven't won a Friday Night game since June 2nd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

I always liked the black jersey but maybe it's a jinx?

We won the AL division title wearing black. Don't knock the black jerseys...i have three of them signed by Manny, Britton, and Schoop(All Star jersey)up for auction on OH. Check them out...Its for a great cause....Its not the jerseys...its the players wearing them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I'd love it if they retired those for awhile. And the "O's" cap. Try out the Angry Bird. Hey, it worked for the resurrection of the cartoon bird. No losing seasons since. Yes, it's superstition, but superstition has a long history in the game. Players dare not jinx a no-hitter or perfect game by talking about it, do they?

Players do have a lot of superstitions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

We won the AL division title wearing black. Don't knock the black jerseys...i have three of them signed by Manny, Britton, and Schoop(All Star jersey)up for auction on OH. Check them out...Its for a great cause....Its not the jerseys...its the players wearing them...

I like the black jerseys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Hate the O's cap. Maybe that's it.

Now THATS different. I agree with you completely..get rid of the O's hat. O's remind me of ZERO..and it looks inept. Stay with the cartoon bird hat..and all no more of this 'O' nonsense...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Every time I see that stupid cap with the 'O' on it, I think, "they can't possibly win this game with that thing on their heads."
 

You are correct sir! The cartoon bird hat is the ONLY hat that has ever been worn in our World Series titles...lets stay with that..and stay away from any other logo..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The black jerseys are fine.  The O's hats are just awful.  

We wore the all black cartoon bird hat in Toronto earlier this year with the black jerseys.  Why was it only a 1 time thing?  It was a great look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Rumors and News






  • Posts

    • You must admit we run the wide range of opinions here, some have me scratching my head as to what team they actually like.  
    • Other teams aren’t just dropping out of the market because it’s getting late. The crux of dumpster diving is that it’s the scraps no one wants. 
    • Let me amend my last statement a bit. Detroit and Cincy are definitely less appealing destinations then Baltimore. I'd argue the Phillies and White Sox are on the upswing so they'd probably be more appealing to most FAs. I think this discussion might merit it's own thread!
    • The Orioles do not want to sign any free agent pitchers to any deals longer than 3 years.  These 2 guys are simply going to be too expensive and demand too many years. I wish it wasn't so, but the fact that we just got out from under Ubaldo's abysmal 4 year deal is probably not going to help persuade them to rethink their policy.
    • I'd feel much better about signing Cain to a four year deal if he was 27. If they decide to go the route of a speedster, they might be better off signing someone Jarrod Dyson to a one year deal given the uncertainty of the direction in which this team is heading long term. Other than starting pitchers, I don't think they should be giving three or four year deals to any offensive players right now (aside from extending Schoop). This is a team in limbo even if they're too naive to admit it.  And to that point, I wonder how Duquette is able to even sell multi-year deals to respective free agents? Everyone knows that Machado is on his way out and that this team, as constructed, will probably not be able to contend. Why would anyone want to sign a multi-year deal wit the Orioles right now (over another team) unless it's strictly for the money? Short of Miami, I'm not sure there's a less appealing team in the majors right now. And yes, San Diego is bad too, but at least you get to live in San Diego.  
    • The question is, will the OHOF hold their PED use against them?    They’ve kept Raffy out.    We might need to wait until some of the 2012-17 core has retired.    I’d expect Markakis, Hardy, Wieters and Jones all to go in one day.    Manny and Schoop are further away but will get in later.   
    • Could DD simply be waiting for the asking prices to become reasonable and then strike to land two guys like a Cobb & Lynn? Next year there are some great position players who will be Free Agents, but not pitching. With teams trying to limit spending this year why not splurge for two such pitchers and then you could trade them after this year if you need to. The idea being that those teams willing to spend next year will not find much pitching on the market. Could this plan work?
  • Popular Contributors

×