Jump to content
Frobby

Friday nights at the horror show

Recommended Posts

The O's haven't won a Friday night game since June 2.    They are 0-10 since then.     The last two have involved blown saves by Givens and Brach.   One involved Gausman blowing a 6-0 lead.    Another involved O'Day surrendering a 3-run homer in the 10th.

Not part of the streak was blowing a 9-1 lead against the Yankees on a Friday night.  

I've had a lot of weekends getting off to a lousy start.    

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I always liked the black jersey but maybe it's a jinx?

I'd love it if they retired those for awhile. And the "O's" cap. Try out the Angry Bird. Hey, it worked for the resurrection of the cartoon bird. No losing seasons since. Yes, it's superstition, but superstition has a long history in the game. Players dare not jinx a no-hitter or perfect game by talking about it, do they?

Edited by NashLumber
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The O's haven't won a Friday night game since June 2.    They are 0-10 since then.     The last two have involved blown saves by Givens and Brach.   One involved Gausman blowing a 6-0 lead.    Another involved O'Day surrendering a 3-run homer in the 10th.

Not part of the streak was blowing a 9-1 lead against the Yankees on a Friday night.  

I've had a lot of weekends getting off to a lousy start.    

Wow Frobby I didn't realize the O's haven't won a Friday Night game since June 2nd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

I always liked the black jersey but maybe it's a jinx?

We won the AL division title wearing black. Don't knock the black jerseys...i have three of them signed by Manny, Britton, and Schoop(All Star jersey)up for auction on OH. Check them out...Its for a great cause....Its not the jerseys...its the players wearing them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I'd love it if they retired those for awhile. And the "O's" cap. Try out the Angry Bird. Hey, it worked for the resurrection of the cartoon bird. No losing seasons since. Yes, it's superstition, but superstition has a long history in the game. Players dare not jinx a no-hitter or perfect game by talking about it, do they?

Players do have a lot of superstitions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

We won the AL division title wearing black. Don't knock the black jerseys...i have three of them signed by Manny, Britton, and Schoop(All Star jersey)up for auction on OH. Check them out...Its for a great cause....Its not the jerseys...its the players wearing them...

I like the black jerseys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Hate the O's cap. Maybe that's it.

Now THATS different. I agree with you completely..get rid of the O's hat. O's remind me of ZERO..and it looks inept. Stay with the cartoon bird hat..and all no more of this 'O' nonsense...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Every time I see that stupid cap with the 'O' on it, I think, "they can't possibly win this game with that thing on their heads."
 

You are correct sir! The cartoon bird hat is the ONLY hat that has ever been worn in our World Series titles...lets stay with that..and stay away from any other logo..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The black jerseys are fine.  The O's hats are just awful.  

We wore the all black cartoon bird hat in Toronto earlier this year with the black jerseys.  Why was it only a 1 time thing?  It was a great look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Rumors and News






×